Corsair Community

Motherboard suggestions for 280X

Hi everyone,

I am building a new system and I'm trying to figure out what components to go with. I am aiming for the Crystal Series 280X, Intel i7 8700K or the i9...not sure which one yet, 32GB RAM, EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra, 1TB SSD and 4TB HD. Now the key question is motherboard. There are a few out there, but I'm interested in ones that have 4 DIMM slots and can handle 64BG RAM because I want to add more later, WiFI, and obviously ones that can handle a 2.75 slot video card. Any suggestions?

Primary use for Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, Maya and UnrealEd. Thank you in advance.:D:

• 2 weeks later...
You planning on overclocking the cpu? if you are then in my opinion, I would go against it. You can only go so far with a 240 cpu AIO watercooling and forget about a 280. You won't be able to fit them in the case top or front. Mounting it on the top will cover your DIMMS or front will have you rethinking what gpu to get. I have a 280x as a sub for my i9 while I plan for a 1000D cpu custom watercooling build then I'll transfer everything to the 1000D. I hope you haven't bought the case yet? Because there is something you should also take note of.... the second chamber isn't that big when you have the SSD and HDD trays still there. Don't get me wrong, its a great little case just has its limitations due to the size. But hey, that's just me

Archived