Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless sidetone stays muted after unmuting mic

I bought the Void Pro RGB Wireless when it came out last year.

Been using the sidetone option in CUE on 50% since then without much trouble.

However, since CUE version 2.22.83, when I mute and unmute my mic (either by tilting the mic up, or pressing the button on the side), the sidetone sometimes does no longer unmute.

To fix this, I have to manually go into the CUE, and adjust the sidetone setting slightly (the sidetone setting isn't shown as muted, however the headset acts like it's muted) - once adjusted, the sidetone works again.

Has anyone been having the same issue?

I have filed a ticket through the support site with this issue already, but would like to hear from users with the same issue. I don't think this is a hardware issue, as it appeared with version 2.22.83.

Installing the latest version of CUE (2.23.40) did not fix the issue unfortunately.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problem with my unit after the most recent software update. Corsair technical support deemed it to be a hardware issue with my unit and replaced it, which did not fix the problem. I have fixed the problem by rolling back my CUE to version 2.16.87.

The link to that version can be found in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue, it was working perfectly and it's been down for 3 weeks now. I've rolled back, reinstalled countless times and nothing seems to fix it. After talking to support their solution was to send the headphones back to them to get a replacement BUT it will be as expensive as buying a new one. I am sure it's not a hardware issue and reading this post gave me hope.

When are we getting a fix for this? it's been 3 weeks for me and I've had these headphones for 5 weeks.

I absolutely love corsair products but this is horrible when you are a gamer in a game that communication is key to win.

Please .... PLEASE fix this

• 5 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue and have been for months. I pulled down 2.21.67 and it's been working fine for a couple of weeks. But now it fails to do side tone whenever CUE is running. It will play the nasty default windows side tone if I kill CUE, but as soon as I restart CUE the side tone is muted again. This is a core feature of the headset and should be supported. I'm very disappointed that it has not been fixed after all this time.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Guys,

We are still working on this at this time. I know the wait can be unbearable, but please be patient. Also, please note that Windows has it's own Sidetone setting: https://www.plantronics.com/no/no/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?type=How_To__kav&lang=en_US&urlName=Computer-Headsets-How-to-Enable-Disable-Sidetone-in-Windows-7-Vista&t=&k=

You can use this if you wish without the software as you wait if it is very important to you. Meanwhile, we will continue on development of a fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any updates on this issue?

I just purchased some additional Corsair peripherals (mouse, keyboard, mouse pad) and I was hoping to be able to have all of the RGBs in sync with each other. Unfortunately, with the archived version of the software that I was using two of the devices' RGB's shut off when I opened CUE. So I opted to try the most recent version of the software, which got all of my lighting working correctly, but then this sidetone issue re-emerged for me.

Fortunately I'm able to just close CUE to restore my sidetone functionality, but now my RGB's are a little obnoxious.

Not yet.

What I've found works is to hold the mute button (turn sidetone off), release and then hold again (turn sidetone on). Turning Sidetone off and then back on in iCue also works but that's not always convenient.

Also, it happens less frequently if you mute using the button vs. raising the boom.

• 2 weeks later...
A fix has not been implemented yet, but is still being worked on. It does take some time for testing and validation of any software/firmware fix, but we'll let you know once its available.

Still no fix on this? Seems like it isn't going well. Or has this been forgotten?

• 2 weeks later...
Not yet.

What I've found works is to hold the mute button (turn sidetone off), release and then hold again (turn sidetone on). Turning Sidetone off and then back on in iCue also works but that's not always convenient.

Also, it happens less frequently if you mute using the button vs. raising the boom.

You can mute the mic by flipping it up? How do you go about doing this because mine doesn't do it by default and I would very much like that functionality.

Also I am having the same issue as everyone else here with the sidetone muting itself.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

We are still working on this at this time. I know the wait can be unbearable, but please be patient. Also, please note that Windows has it's own Sidetone setting: https://www.plantronics.com/no/no/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?type=How_To__kav&lang=en_US&urlName=Computer-Headsets-How-to-Enable-Disable-Sidetone-in-Windows-7-Vista&t=&k=

You can use this if you wish without the software as you wait if it is very important to you. Meanwhile, we will continue on development of a fix.

It's been a couple of months since this update and 7 months since this post was made. Still nothing? New user here of Void Pro Wireless RGB using iCUE 3.6.109. I'm frustrated for all of the users that have had this problem for so long. I've had it for a few weeks and I'm annoyed having to mute/unmute to get my Sidetone back. I have to keep asking people if they can hear me because I can't hear myself.

I tried the Plantronics link provided and whilst it works to some extent the lag in audio feedback just sounds horrible and when my Sidetone starts working again I get double the feedback. I much prefer the Corsair Sidetone.

I really don't want to return these as I wanted to expand my RGB devices. The KB and Mouse work great and I love them. Fixing this will allow me to love the headset. Please update soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I appreciate the boost to the Sidetone volume in iCue 3.7.99, but just want to make sure it's known that the mute/unmute/sidetone interaction is still not working correctly. I share in the frustration of the others in this thread that this has been an officially acknowledged issue for a significant amount of time yet it doesn't seem to receive any attention in the software updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I also am waiting for a fix for this. A new firmware version needs to be released to make sure that iCUE and the VOID wireless headset work as expected. This problem has persisted the majority of the time I have owned this headset. As it stands, it's pretty invasive for gaming because instead a single button click you need to also hold down the unmute button twice.

It makes a one second task last for five seconds. In FPS gaming timelines that's an eternity. In software bug patch timelines this problem has also lasted an eternity.