Corsair Community

Corsair Void dead won't charge or turn on.

Today it stopped working. No power and won't turn on. The charging lights don't come on even after charging it over night. I bought this on 8/28. It's not the cord, I tested it on my phone to make sure it would give my phone a charge. Any ideas? Edited by matmoua

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we having to request info on fixing these things. And why are they randomly doing to boot loader mode anyway. Mine haven't done this...yet...but I have zero indication of when my headset is charging or not. And no indication of when they are on our not. Most of the time the software stops reporting what my battery life is our if they are charging or not. Have to reboot the software our my computer. Mic is sub par...but it will do. Sound quality is decent but nothing to write home about. What did I pay $130 for? I love corsair, but unless these are patched thru firmware within 2 weeks, they're getting returned for Logitech G933. First time I've ever been disappointed with corsair. Sad day. Lol

So there are multiple things that could indicate that the headset is charging, the earcups will cycle through the rainbow and the InfoMic should light up. If neither of those are working whenever you're charging, it's completely possible that your headset was defective.

Could you elaborate more on the software issue that you're experiencing? Which version of the software are you using?

@Chris

The LEDs on the side will not cycle through the rainbow if you plug the charging cable in with the headset off. It will cycle through the colours if you either turn it back on and off or plug the charging cable in when the headset is on and turn it off.

@whiteninja

When the headset is on, the default lighting set to the sides is a red coloured blink. If you don't have that, turn on the headset and make sure the brightness is not at 0 and that a lighting effect is selected.

Another way to determine whether the headset is on and connected to the dongle is to look at the dongle LED. It will be solid when the headset is on and connected. Blinking indicates no connection.

Regarding the microphone issue, have you tried bending the microphone if you haven't already?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

I got this thing recently, I want to say August 30th. I switch it between my laptop and desktop whenever I need to effortlessly.

I turned it off, then tried to turn it back on about...ooooohhh...30 minutes ago, it will not turn on. The device drivers on both computers know it's there but the power button is not turning the darn thing on or off or anything. I would like help on how to fix this because...well...now it's just an expensive paperweight after less than a month of usage

Just bought this headset less than a week ago, was using it earlier today, left it on the charger and walked away, came back and now it won't power on at all. It's the Void RGB Yellow Jacket edition. So far not sure if I'm happy with this headset, coming from the Vengeance 1500 v2, and now the headset won't power on at all. From what I can tell searching the thread there appears to be an issue with Void headsets getting stuck in bootloader mode? Why isn't there a sticky on how to fix this, why do we need to be told individually in private? Either way, a quick response would be great as I'm trying to get back into a game and need to be able to hear.

To all people having a problem with the VOID being in boot loader mode. Since the Corsair is NOT replying promptly in the matter, let the battery die out, that is do not use it. Update the firmware, then plug it back in to charge. The dead battery should allow you to get it functioning properly again. I do knot know why this is the case but I will be asking Corsair to see if there is anyway to avoid this problem in the future

To all people having a problem with the VOID being in boot loader mode. Since the Corsair is NOT replying promptly in the matter, let the battery die out, that is do not use it. Update the firmware, then plug it back in to charge. The dead battery should allow you to get it functioning properly again. I do knot know why this is the case but I will be asking Corsair to see if there is anyway to avoid this problem in the future

Not sure about other users, but one of my last actions before it bombed out on me was to disable the lighting.

@MicahelWabbit, any tips on how long it needs to sit unpowered and uncharged before it's battery gives out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So basically its completely screwed, i think its bootloader mode, but i plug it in and theres no lights flashing at all. NI can't turn it on, or anything at all. It's just completely screwed, it may or may not be bootloader mode. I pmed CorsairChris, made a support ticket and everything. I just want to get my headset fixed, lol

I am having the same issue many of you are. Purchased this headset a couple weeks ago, and then today it just decided to not want to charge at all. No ear cup lights, no flashing red/amber/or green on the indicator light.

I Pmed Corsair Chris like others have said to do. Hopefully it works out

Hi All, just want to share that this issue happened to me as well yesterday night.

Using Win 7 ultimate i7 6700k rig.

I was trying to change my sound output from my speaker to Corsair void wireless via the sound notification when I noticed that void rgb was not available for me to select. The LED on the ear cup was also not on.

I have tried to on/off the headset and the dongle appeared to have paired whenever I on the headset but there wasn't any sound or device found under the sound notification.

Opening CUE shows no device detected.

I proceed to upgrade the CUE firmware which resulted the same. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled CUE but to no avail was the device detected.

Note: without any device detected even with the headset charging cable plug into one of the USB port. there is no way to force firmware install {method on getting out of bootloader mode -which I believed to be the issue I had}.

After googling for a bit, a method was found:)

I simply change the USB port I used for the dongle and the device was able to be detected for me use the headset.

"TLDR" - you may want to try change to another USB port to see if that helps if your headset suddenly fail to on.

But I am kinda disappointed that such bug happened all of a sudden after using the headset for like 1 month plus without much issue - other than the auto shut down bug which I had rectified via the app data file.

Edited by Alax