Corsair Community

"Cannot find the Corsair M60 Mouse, plug the M60 into a USB port!"

Parsleybravo

"Cannot find the Corsair M60 Mouse, plug the M60 into a USB port!"

This error message is returned when I try to install the Corsair software for the M60 mouse. I have tried V1 of the software, as well as the BETA 2.12; these are the only version of the software I can find.

Of course, the mouse is already plugged into a USB port, and unplugging/replugging the mouse is ineffective. I uninstalled the device via Device manager and rebooted; the setup returns the same error.

The mouse functions using the default Windows drivers, but not having the Corsair software leaves me unable to use the more advanced features or change settings.

Suggestions?

I am having the same exact problem as the TC. I just opened my new m60 mouse practically 10 minutes ago and I plugged it into my computer and it would not recognize the mouse at all. I tried it on other computers to see if my computer was the problem, but even on other computers the mouse is not being recognized. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. If anyone knows a solution please help us T_T This is my first time buying a gaming mouse, and I really don't want to be let down aha. Thanks

What version of windows are you using, and what is the specification of your system?

Test all USB ports on your system.

System specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Processor: AMD FX-8150

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866

Video Card #1: EVGA GTX 580

Video Card #2: EVGA GTX 580

Hard Drive #1: V3 120GB SSD

Hard Drive #2: Caviar Black 2TB RAID0

Hard Drive #3: Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Optical Drive #1: ASUS CD/DVD

Power Supply: Corsair AX 1200W

Case: Corsair 800D

Monitor: Hyundai 26"

I've tried multiple USB ports, but not all. I'll try that and report back.

Also suggested in the forums as well as the support ticket was reflashing the mouse firmware. I have done that, but it didn't help.

Just an update for the edification of anyone else having the same problem as me:

Firmware update didn't help, but I was able to find a USB port that allowed the software installation to continue. Not sure the difference is the USB controller on the MOBO or if it's just dumb luck, but it's worth a try. YMMV.

• Corsair Employee
This is something we are currently looking into. We have seen a few reports of users not being able to use the mouse on specific USB ports, but will work on others. Points to a potential issue with motherboard drivers / controller.

Archived