Corsair Community

Corsair 900d availablity

tinmann840

Today I got another email from Corsair saying the 900d had landed only to see that it is still not available on Corsair's website. WTF!!! last time is was an email telling me they were available in limited quantity. Has anyone got one yet? I have a new build ready for this case. A Z77 build using an Asus P8Z77, i7 3770K and Corsair Platinum memory. I had got tired of waiting and found a Corsair 550d locally and was going to use my 800d for the new build and transfer all my Z68 hardware to the 550d.Like so:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/tinmann8/20130406_211652_zps45324043.jpg

I put the Z77 board, the i7 3770K with stock heat, a Seasonic X750,16Gbs of Vengeance and one GTX 480 in the 550d to make sure the board would post and I was going to put it all in the 800d when my memory showed but now if the 900d is coming out soon ...What to do?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ditto.... got another email this morning that said they were available. i got and hit this site within seconds, only to see the same thing: none to be had.

ive got notifications at newegg, and have one preordered at amazon. would love to have one before the end of the month... my build has been waiting months.

ugh... had one of those 'wake you in the middle of the night' realizations.

i have been getting parts together for this build for the last month or so from scattered places but mostly newegg. all parts are here and have been waiting on the case to arrive...... which still isnt here. my 30 day easy return on defective parts is running out and i have to get all of this setup in something quick. so... bit the bullet and bought one with the OUTRAGEOUS shipping costs. cant chance waiting on one to come in from amazon/newegg (if they even get them within the next month).

most expensive case ive ever purchased.

I was waiting to actually get one before ordering parts. And mine shows a shipped status today so now I am going to start buying all the watercooling pieces and other parts I need. I waited just for that reason so as not to be out of a return period for my hardware.

I've got a ton of water cooling parts I was planning on using on this new build. I was going to do a full custom loop CPU/GPU but the GTX 690 looks so sexy like it is. I will wait until next week to pull the trigger on the 900d. My new SSD and Corsair memory showed today so I am going to proceed with my original plans.

mine came in today. cannot describe just how big this case is. monstrous. (which is f'ing awesome)

only bitch so far: WHY ARE THERE NO SCREWS?!?!?!?!?! i just paid $550 for a case, and now i have to wrangle up some standoffs and screws? i expected better corsair.

mine came in today. cannot describe just how big this case is. monstrous. (which is f'ing awesome)

only bitch so far: WHY ARE THERE NO SCREWS?!?!?!?!?! i just paid $550 for a case, and now i have to wrangle up some standoffs and screws? i expected better corsair.

The screws should be in a box in one of the drive bays.

The screws should be in a box in one of the drive bays.

nope. nothing. ive completely disassembled this thing. there are no screws.

i dont see any mention of them either (just one pamphlet that comes with it detailing all the parts).

and to top it all off... ive gotten bit by gigabyte's stupid power supply incompatibility issue. my corsair ax850 wont work at all... works great in other machines, just not this one.

Its hard for me to see but does the case already have the stand offs on them and you just use the mb screws?

http://www.tomshardware.com/gallery/Accessoires,0101-380145-0-2-3-1-jpg-.html

http://media.bestofmicro.com/B/L/380145/original/Accessoires.jpg

I had an Amazon preorder from January that I cancelled since I got one in the second round off the Corsair web site. I think it has been mentioned by Corsair George that availability would be mid May. The containers have been sent to places like Amazon. Newegg still lists 4/30/13 as an eta. Just keep an eye out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got all components for my build and still waiting for that damn case!

If it's not coming out soon I'll go for another brand.

At least someone from Corsair could give a statement about availability.

Some retailers are guessing 14th of june others tell me that it won't arrive before july. I am really pissed... :mad:

Some retailers are guessing 14th of june others tell me that it won't arrive before july. I am really pissed...

It's out already, just sold out pretty much everywhere...

There are a lot of variables there between retailers and when they will be available to each of them. I would guess a few weeks until they become widely available. I heard they sold out of the first run already.

I see this happen often with imported goods (I've been in imports for yeaaaars)

Majority of Imported goods are all COD,

The most common practice is

30% Deposit on the materials to be used,

Once these materials arrives to an assembly Facility/Factory. the remaining 70% must be paid. Or the BL/BOL will not be released.

And then the assembled Products gets paid in 30% deposit once fully assembled and once it arrives to Destination Docks, must be paid full or the BL or BOL will not be released,

Where the common problem occurs is,

this requires a large some of funds to start on production.

As that was a routine for common order, lets say Corsair put a scheduled order

PO # 1 PO # 2 and etc,

Once PO # 1 was completed, their sources for production will start to demand funds, if Corsair put a large number of PO's and miss calculated the finished production, they'll encounter financial problems.

For Example, the way their Production sources would bill them is accordingly to what has been finished and shipped.

But in Corsair's finance is going to go by accordingly to what has arrived.

So if there is 3 containers out there on it's way and only 1 has arrived, a factory will still bill them for total of 4 containers where as corsair may only want to pay for 1 as others has not arrived yet.

This is common when manufacturing imported goods, I deal with it all the time.

Not sure if that made any sense for people lol, it's not as complicated as it sounds.

the delays with my assumption is, Corsair is having disagreements with payment terms with their manufacturer. Because the term COD would be they pay as when received.

But Manufacturers go by it differently, it's pay when it's shipped or arrived/delivered.

I got this guess when I saw they were directly shipping from the factory it's self, but yet alone it said out of stock which makes no sense at all. That means the assembly factory was not supplying the materials to be used for the case (which is also common) and Corsair didn't pay for the materials that was arrived at the factory (keep in mind a lot of times materials source and assembly sources can be 2 separate factories)

Unless they lost their lines in the factory which is highly doubtful if corsair gave them scheduled PO's

and seeing how experienced corsair is, no way they lost lines in their assembly factories.

wished corsair staff would just chime in and give reasons on their delays

the rumored time frames looks like, they're going by the sea transport arrival dates. depending on US custom clearance it sounds about right

unless there was a mistake in the production as to they assembled a bunch of cases with the wrong specs or missing parts.

Edit Note:

not saying corsair is broke, This happens quite often. Either corsair did not factor their funds with vendor PO's to make up their profit margin, or they miss calculated their spending funds some where between the PO's they made.

I'm assuming this might lead to a bad rumor that they're broke and they're avoiding any public negative and false rumors, so they're keeping quiet about why to there are delays.

Archived