Corsair Community

H80i not working properly / USB problem?

eduardocadore

Hey guys :)

So, I have this H80i installed for quite some time and it's been working fine. Recently I've been having some troubles with my computer and decided to change the radiator's position in the case, but when I installed everything back the logo on the block started blinking weirdly and I almost instantly shut my computer down, then I noticed I had connected the H80i's fans to other connectors that not the block header (Y cable).

I remade the connections just as the manual showed but the fans didn't work and the LED logo started blinking again. It seemed the pump was working because I felt the hoses vibrating a little. I double checked the connections, tried connecting to different SATA plugs but nothing changed and I also noticed my computer was really slow. I reapplied thermal paste and put the radiator back to it's original place. But nothing happened. I connected the fans directly to the motherboard and they worked, cooling the CPU.

I disconnected the USB cable from the motherboard (also tried other USB connectors but nothing) and from the block and when I started my computer it was working as usual, only the LED block still blinks rapidly and it doesn't show on the Corsair Link software. But the CPU temps are really cool around 8ºC ~ 14ºC.

tl;dr [ I have no idea whatsoever, but the LED light blinks rapidly, the fans do not work when connected to the block using the Y cable and my computer slows down when the block's USB cable is connected to the motherboard. ]

Can someone please help me? :)

Thanks and sorry for the long post :B

Quick video of the LED light blinking:

https://vid.me/pzkX

then I noticed I had connected the H80i's fans to other connectors that not the block header (Y cable).

Which "other connectors"? I suspect you may have damaged the H80i.

1. Some AMD CPUs report incorrect temperatures and I expect 8ºC ~ 14ºC is incorrect.
  2. What other temperatures does CL4 report, post a screen shot.
  3. I suspect the H80i SATA power connection may have an issue.
  4. I suspect this is why the fans don't work.
  5. I suspect the H80i USB device may be going on-line and off-line all the time.

I meant I used other 3-4 pin connectors on the motherboard. Before I had the H80i the temps were around 30ºC and I use other softwares to check temps and I think the CPU temps are pretty accurate the max it goes idle is 19ºC I think, it's winter here and the case is open too!

cl4.thumb.PNG.f382e750d678efb0bb968e0f510bca2a.PNG

I use other softwares to check temps

Which other software? Looking at what CL4 reports then the names such as Temp #n are not really helpful.

It would be easier for me to figure out what is really happening if you ran my SIV utility and posted the Menu->Hardware->Cooling Status screen shot. Also doing as below should help.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25506&d=1464889827

1. I expect that what CL4 reports as Temp #2 (T2 CPU) is the CPU temperature.
  2. I expect Temp #3 (T3 AUX) is not used on your motherboard and should be ignored. This happens quite often, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225.
  3. SIV did not detect the H80i.
  4. What do [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] report?
  5. Does what [Link Devices] reports change?

Archived