Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 Memory Issues

cstaylo0

I have been having random reboots, BSOD's and memory related issues since I have built my PC. They don't happen all the time, but it is getting to the point where it is very frustrating.

I have two sets of CMX4GX3M2A1600C9, giving me a total of 8 GB. If I only put 4GB (one set) into the machine, everything runs like it should. If I put the additional 4 GB into the machine, that is when I start seeing problems.

MemTest+ always gives me very skewed results. Today, the first time I ran it, I got errors. After it failed the test, I took each stick out, and tested them individually. They all passed. I even tried them in each slot, all came back perfect. So then I added each stick back in one at a time and ran MemTest, they all passed without error. It only seems to fail when I have been doing something strenuous (like gaming).

I really don't know what the problem might be, so I am coming to you! Why does everything screw up when all 8GB are in the machine? And it only fails MemTest sometimes... Voltage, or Timing Issue? Processor issue? Help me out!

I am including my BIOS setting to see if that gives any hints. I just turned off XMP to see if that helps my issues, so I will update that later today!

Here s the link for my BIOS settings. http://imgur.com/a/DQr0t#tuQXX

Thank you very much!

Archived