Corsair Community

Bizarre Black Screening While Playing Games

pghaffari

Hi everyone,

I am going to try to explain this problem briefly, here it goes..

Basically, when I first built my computer last summer everything was running fine until I noticed that when the computer was placed under stress (e.g playing a game for too long) everything would unexpectedly turn black but the computer would still remain running. The monitor would just go into sleep mode and post "No Screen Display/Signal" and sometimes I could still hear the sound from in game. Also some times the last sound I heard before crashing would enter a continuous loop. The only way to fix this problem was to manually shut down the computer and restart it. At first, it wasn't anything too bad but but when I kept ignoring the problem, the black screen occurred more frequently. It got to a point where where it would occur in less then a couple of minutes when I was playing a game (e.g. right now..). So what I did was I started to RMA my products. I started out with the graphics card; I rma'd it twice yet nothing changed so I moved on to the power supply. I rma'd that twice as well and still the problem occurred. I asked several people what the problem may be and they unanimously decided that it was a defected motherboard so I went out and bought an evga x58 sli le motherboard a couple months ago. When I tried building that with the current specs, the computer would turn on but there would be NO video display. After a week of testing, I realized it was the brand of power supply. I had a ultra x3 1000 wat and for some reason it wouldn't power up the display on my new computer. I considered that this must have been the cause of the same black screen problem from before, so I bought a new power supply and built the computer. About a month has past and everything has been running swell, but I have just noticed that the crash is starting to occur again. It is becoming more frequent; i crashed about 5 times today all within 1-2 hours. I would open a game up, play for about 10-20 minutes then the black screen would occur. Also, sometimes when I turn on the computer in the mornings, there is no video display but the computer seems to be turned on...I have to basically restart it again for it to show the display..

I already know it's not an overheating issue and I doubt it's a software problem. Someone told me that it might be a voltage problem from the outlet ( that i need a better power hub or something) ? What do you guys think?

PLease note that i did try RMAing my ram but nothing changed. I ran memtest last night for 3 hours and i got no errors, im running it again tonight this time for 8-10 hours to see what will happen. Today, I put the ram on the tested settings (7-8-7-20 1.65 V XMP profile) and I seem to be crashing more frequently. I don't know what the problem is though and if I don't figure it out soon I'm probably going to just post a video on youtube of me breaking this piece of crap. I think i've spent more money trying to fix this damned piece of **** than I could have if I bought a brand new computer. Any suggestions? This is my last resort, nobody has any idea. Like i said before, it's not a crash or anything, the screen goes black like if the computer enters SLeep mode. ALl the lights are on, including the keyboard and mouse, only thing that changes is the sound and the monitor color from blue to yellow.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

p.s. i got a blue screen of death like 2 days ago like 30 seconds after i exited a game...

Thank you!

Nvidea has been famous for this latlely i run them on all my machines.I had the same issue untill i downloaded the performance tool from there home page.[you have to google it there] and turn my vid fan up to at least 55 percent they run stock at 40 percent just doesnt seem to be enough once i started doing this ive had no issues.Hope it works for you as well.

Archived