Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 Fans Change Color/Lighting Configuration on System Shut Down

DeanThaKid

Hello, I have just recently built my new pc 3 days ago. Everything was working fine until this morning. I noticed that my Corsair LL120 Fans change from the configured lighting setting to the default Rainbow Wave on Shut down. When I boot my pc back up, and sign into windows, they change back to the correct lighting configuration. I am wondering why this is happening and why is it doing this today and not 3 days ago?

The configured lighting is actively sent to the controller by the computer when the computer is running and able to do so. When the computer stops the program that sends this data while it is shutting down, the LED controller does not receive any data anymore so goes into default mode.

As to why the behavior changed, that's anybody's guess. Perhaps the computer was slept instead of shut down before. The OS might have shut down and started up things in a different order. It's impossible to say why the computer's data connection was not established, just that it was not, and the operating system has control over the startup of the software needed to control the lights. Windows tries to be smart these days and make things "faster" without taking side effects into account.

Honestly I'm not certain that it's something that can be fixed, per se. When the controller has power and no data, it will show the default pattern. This happens with almost all LED devices in computers. Even the keyboards. Some will show nothing for a time and eventually change to "Demo Mode". But most everything has a demo mode that runs when it's not told otherwise.

Perhaps somebody with more insight into the LNP can provide some insight.

That update seems like it would fix my problem! Also I don't know if it is worth noting or not, but I have a set of dual channel 16GB Vengeance Pro RGB RAM. The lighting on the Vengeance Pro RGB RAM stays as it is supposed to every time. I'm guessing that the RAM has a storage module that saves the lighting configuration information from iCUE on system shut down. Anyways, I will just wait until tomorrow and see if that update fixes my issue!

Archived