Corsair Community

H60 Whistling Sound

timisthedevil

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but the H60 is my first liquid cooler...

I've installed the H60, but when powered up, I frequently hear a high pitch whistling sound, particularly when I'm working on processor-intense applications.

It's a quick succession of 7 or so short whistles, similar to air escaping water I suppose. This will occur almost every 30-60 seconds.

Here's a link to the sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmYMw2xkBT0

Should this be occurring, or should I expect relative silence? If not, can you please advise on a solution?

Thank you!

the pump is currently connected to the CPU FAN header. haven't tried moving it to a different one yet.

if i move the tubes when the noise happens, it seems to slightly affect it. but no positioning has eliminated the noise from occurring yet. it's almost like there's an air bubble or something. reminds me of the noise of chugging from a water bottle that has the small air intake hole.

• Corsair Employee
the pump is currently connected to the CPU FAN header. haven't tried moving it to a different one yet.

It'd be best to connect the pump to a PWN_fan or SYS_fan header, where it'll receive 12v all the time. Try what Toasted suggested, It is not uncommon to have some noise if this is a new unit, let it break in for a couple of days and see if the noise goes away. Thanks

Archived