Corsair Community

What memory should i use for the hosting of my server?

Willem Janse

Hello, I'm trying to make myself a server to host my own website on, its a meat shop. So my question is what memory should I use for the hosting of my server. I have always liked Corsair components so I hope those will work well. I have a budget of around 500$ and it needs to be able to handle 50 active users. I'm new to having an own server so if any of you have any tips and tricks I would appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

W Janse

• Corsair Employee

Hello William,

Unfortunately I don't think our user forum is the best place to ask as it is going to depend on a lot of factors, but mainly what software you are using for the server/hosting. If the software had a user forum, I would suggest asking there to get a better idea of your true RAM requirements. If I had to give a ball part estimate of what I thought, I'd say 8GB would likely be fine but I would use 16GB if possible to allow for growth.

None of our memory is ECC so if you are building the server out of workstation components such as a Xeons or Opterons, you wouldn't be able to utilize the error correcting feature. If you're like me and built/plan on building your server out of consumer components our memory will work great.

Archived