Corsair Community

iCue not seeing H100i Cooler. LINK won't install.

Salsiccia

Hi guys,

Just put a new system together with parts rescued from previous builds.

I have the Hydro H100i CPU cooler (the 1st gen one, not the V2) and I'm looking to monitor it via either iCue or LINK, not sure which is the right answer.

I have the USB lead connected from the cooling block to a vacant USB header on the mobo.

My first attempt was to install iCue 3.12.118. It seemed to install fine, but upon startup it said it couldn't find any devices to monitor. The "+" button in the dashboard revealed 4 entries, none of which was the Hydro device. 1 was 4 sticks of older Corsair RAM which I guess aren't monitorable. 1 was my mobo. The other 2 escape me. I have now uninstalled iCue.

My second attempt was to install Corsair LINK 4. (v 4.9.7.35) I saw some mentions in here of iCue and LINK needing to be installed with LINK passing control up to iCue when required so I thought I'd try that. That install failed.

"Installation failed. Error code 0x80070652".

So at this point I'm a little stumped and thought I would turn to you guys for any tips!

Control Panel / Device Manager reveals no unrecognised devices, but there's also nothing jumping out and screaming "I am a CPU cooling device" in there either. I have no idea if it should be visible in here or not. Under "System Devices" there are 5 "Thermal Control Device" entries which could be it I guess, not really sure.

Is there driver software I should have installed for this cooler? Its just occurred to me I should have looked for that.

Any tips / pointers / advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sal

The error code 0x80070652 is one of the Windows error you may meet during installing system updates in Windows 7/8/10, and it may also occurs to the process of installing some software like Visual Studio. Usually, it comes with error message ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING which means another installation is running.

MSI installations run in Highlander mode ... there can only be ONE!

Thanks again DevBiker - a clean restart and LINK installed perfectly and shows all the gory details of my H100i as well as other stuff it was able to detect (ironically it reports on the non Corsair RAM, but not the Corsair, but I'm not messing with RAM so not worried about that)

Just for giggles I then tried to install iCue again to see if it took over, but it didn't. Not sure if I need to do anything clever - the specs say my cooler *should* be supported. I'm not fussed though LINK is giving me what I need so no stress.

Sal

Archived