Corsair Community

LL Fan Flickering

yaue10

Hi all,

New to this forum so apologies for creating another thread on this issue but not sure if my problem is the same as others...

Got my build a few months back and decided to add in LL fans (3x120 & 2x140). Hooked them up with no problems and fans were working perfectly. Had a normal exhaust fan that came with my case (Corsair Obsidian 500D) so I replaced with another LL 120 fan, but upon swapping this that's when the problem started.

Everything lights up fine when booting apart from one, which seems to start flickering in a different manner to my other fans. When choosing a static colour, white is fine but one little section shows off a different colour on the outer ring, but when choosing another colour, it doesn't change and shows multiple colours.

When playing The Division 2, it doesn't want to behave like my other fans colour wise.

RMA'ed the lighting node and received the new one, replaced but yet the same problem. I've tried rebooting my system as people have said on the other threads, changed the corsairservice to manual as suggested but still the same problem.

I hope it's not my fan/s that is the problem and just the iCUE software that needs to be looked at....any solutions/advice would be great

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
I have same problem I have 6 LL 120 fans and ever since last Icue software update my fans have been on fritz no matter what mode I do it keeps colour flickering. I've tried pc restart software update/ forced update close and reopen close all unessery programmes but no matter what I do it doesnt solve the problem whats going on here please help

I have same problem I have 6 LL 120 fans and ever since last Icue software update my fans have been on fritz no matter what mode I do it keeps colour flickering. I've tried pc restart software update/ forced update close and reopen close all unessery programmes but no matter what I do it doesnt solve the problem whats going on here please help

I'm currently in touch with the support team and the guy provided some steps for me to take but for me, it still doesn't solve the problem:

"This looks like a software issue.

Many issues with Corsair Utility Engine can be solved by performing a clean reinstall of the software. This is a little different from just uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Please perform the steps below:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the iCUE software.

Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall iCUE"

Those were the steps I was given so you can try that to see if it works for you but definitely didn't work for me.

This is getting quite rather annoying :mad::mad: