Corsair Community

Corsair Power Supply/Motherboard compatibility

tarpon31

Hey Everyone,

I have a question about power supply compatibility with different motherboards especialy with prebuilt systems like HP and Dell.

I have a HP 490t desktop when I first upgraded the power supply I purchased a Corsair TX 750 V2 and it did not work with this system I then returned the unit and tried a different TX750V2 and it still did not work after noticing that lots of people had issues with HP desktops using power supplies over 600 watts I then purchased the Corsair CX600 and it works perfectly.

Later I heard of someone using my same computer online using a Corsair HX650 with success so I then upgraded to this power supply also and it worked perfectly.

Recently I tried to help a friend upgrade her HP desktop with a better power supply and I reccomended she buy a Corsair TX 650 this unit did not work in her computer....she then tried a Seasonic X650 and this did not work either...so this throws out the thought that this is a wattage limit issue as she just bought a Corsair HX650 and it works perfect.

My main question here is what is the difference between the Corsair HX and TX series and compatibility with motherboards?. I am wondering if it may be possible to install a Corsair HX 1050 because it seems the HX series has what it takes to be compaible with my HP desktop. The motherboard used in my computer and my friends is a Truckee Pegatron IPMTB-TK http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01901210&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4343030#N33

I thankyou for the great products you sell and for any help with this.

Archived