Corsair Community

Corsair H60 - Thermal Paste

gsnipe

I'm going to switch my current Corsair H60 with an H115 for my current build, and as I'm planning to use the H60 for an old build (i7 2600k) I would like to know which thermal paste should I use for it. Is there any specific recommendation?

Thank you in advance.

It is probably a forum rules violation to advocate for one specific brand or another. Regardless you are going to get the same results from nearly all products. Don't overspend and there are no miracles that come with TIM brand. If you could actually knock 5-7C off your temps, everyone would do it and wear T-shirts with that product everywhere they went. Google up a multi-brand review. Note most temp differences are 1-2C at most. Things with strange instructions or that claim they need 1-2 weeks to get better probably should be dropped from the consideration list.

The one thing I will recommend is to stay away from metallic compounds. The benefit is slight and risk high. A single drop can ruin your month. Additionally, most metallic compounds leave lasting marks on your CPU and cold plate. Some used CPU vendors do accept CPUs that have been used with liquid metal compounds.

Take a look at this: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html.

Note that the difference between the best paste (31C) and the worst (35.2C) isn't much and most are clustered in the 32-34C range.

My recommendation is to look at the top range of that and then review the usability rating and get one that has a good balance between them. The best paste in the world won't do you any good if it's a nightmare to apply.

Archived