Corsair Community

DeniseNY

I just purchased the H60 to go along with my new system I am putting together on April 19. I installed the radiator and realized that I needed to flip the fan in the opposite direction. When I went to put the radiator back, 2 of the screws do not catch and I believe that's because the holes in the radiator stripped. Also, the screws seem rather short. In reading some of the posts here and in other forums, this seems to be a common design flaw. Regardless, I need to get this together so I can start using my new system.

Since the size (3.5mm) appears to be a common machine screw size, would it be acceptable to get screws long enough to from the back of the case, through the fan and completely through the radiator so I can attach small nuts to the end? This way I can insure that the radiator won't shake loose? At this time, I have no plan to put a fan on the inside to pull as I believe it might interfere with the intakes in the front and the exports at the top of the case (I'm using a Corsair Vengeance C70 case).

If this is not a good idea, can you offer some suggestions to getting these screws to work? I really don't want to RMA right now as I'm still in the process of building it!

Thanks

Archived