The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019, 03:41 PM

POST ID # = 991116
Rybakot Reputation: 10
Default Using iCUE lighting with PC cases not from Corsair

Hello! I would like to know if it is possible to use RGB lighting with iCUE with other brands' cases? For example, I want to use Aerocool Glo case (Here it is) but I also want to use Corsair mouse, keyboard, cooling system, RAM and so on. So I wonder if it is possible to connect RGB lighting from another case to Corsair command block or something so that I could control its lighting and sync it with the other devices. Sorry if I've mistaken the terms, I don't really know how it works but I hope you'll get what I meant.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:21 PM

POST ID # = 991234
xMacias Reputation: 20

From the looks of it, they use a unique controller to manage the lighting on the case, so I would believe iCUE can not control that case lighting.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:41 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991243
DevBiker Reputation: 83

So ... they have Aura Sync compatibility, which means that they use WS2812B, just like Corsair. They have the Aura connector in the box so, with an adapter, you should be able to control it with iCUE.
If you want to build your own adapter, you can check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759 for the parts on the Corsair side.

Or if you just want to buy one, you can get one here: https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.