Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2018, 03:34 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982851
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcmclow View Post
to be honest what kind of smartass are you?

I'm not dude.. just a guy that comes here to help in his own time. I feel i didn't say anything wrong and i just stated there had been no announcement and given dates was been asked for on an unannounced feature i thought i would ask and also advise that all We can do is wait.... i also stated i would want it also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Quality takes time and if it can be done they will do it (i hope).

either way.. if i insulted you.. i apologise. NOT my intention... good luck on your quest

Last edited by Zotty; 11-30-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Ich spreche kein Englisch
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982879
LeSnakk Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcmclow View Post
to be honest what kind of smartass are you? corsair should never let someone like u talk to customers lmao...
did anybody said corsair had some ambilights planned? NO thats why we are asking if there is any news or information ot it! also if we not allowed to ask here where should we ask? in the keyboard forum? lol
if we dont get no answers in 20 ambilight threads, we ask again! is this hard to understand?

its lame there is no ambilight solution from corsair, and there is nothing to argue about all other companies already has one!
any idiot can build a ambilight there are million tutorials and a bunch of micro controllers availible... this whole led thing is nothing new!
its funny you guys at corsair not able to do such simple stuff any nerd can do.. but your attitude clearly show u dont give a **** about suggestions...i already saw a couple times before when u acted like u some kind of sofware genius because u are a beta tester for some led software

its not only about fixing bugs in the sofware its also about making the sofware better.. wich is probably not in your mind....

im 100percent sure corsair will bring out ambilight with a extra controller to charge extra money! thats why they dont want to add it to the node pro or commander... because this is easy and u cant tell me it isnt!

i really cant wait till windows come up with a solution for this led mess... then the companines will see how useless theire own branded software really is...
Let's calm down everybody.

If Corsair doesn't respond concerning the ambilight-stuff it's their choice. Maybe they'll surprise us at some point with that, just wait. They never officially said "We are working like crazy on the hardware-lighting" BUT here it is. Same may be with ambilight/philips hue or whatever got requested in this forum. Corsair isn't that transparent with what they're exactly working on; but that's just how it is. In my opinion it's the result that counts. And even if they don't really respond on suggestions, you can clearly see that they notice them and put them somewhere on their ToDo-list.

And now, @drcmclow, imagine you are the Corsair-iCUE-developer-boss: Hundreds of people complain about the hardware-lighting (let's call it a bug even tho it's not a bug in the first place) and ambilight, something that would be just cool (a feature). And now YOUR boss comes in and says: "Look at all those people complaining about their rainbow! They threaten to switch to another manufacturers! Fix that issue! Highest priority!!!". Would you than say: "But a few people asked about ambilight, I'd like to do that first... because... it looks cool."? Of course you would not say that. There is a huge difference between solving problems and implementing new fancy features. And I don't think that the iCUE developer team is so big that they can easily split into two teams, one for solving problems and the other one for integrating new functions.
Just take a look at PUBG; how much hate they get because they obvioulsy don't fix bugs but come up with new content, even tho they are split up and everyone knows that but that's sth else...

Back to topic, if it's as easy as you say to implement ambilight into iCUE, then go ahead! Just post your fully working iCUE version with ambilight right here! Let's say... tomorrow? Nice, I'll expect it then.
But seriously, if Corsair wants to implement ambilight, then they will do it properly. Maybe with different options like 'set everything to the average color' or 'exact lighting' which means that you would display the exact colors of your screen on for exaple some strips behind your monitor. But for that, iCUE would have to know, where your strips are. Something that's currently not possible within iCUE. So, first problem, you first need to work on that, and so on. Not even speaking of issues that occur during development which were not foreseeable before.
You see, it's way more than just slapping some lines of code into your text-editor and then pick a fancy icon for that function.

So pleeease, calm down and enjoy the hardware lighting as soon as it comes out. Learn to be satisfied with little things. Then your life will become much greater.

Wishing you a great first Adventweekend!^^
Old 11-30-2018, 10:41 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982881
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSnakk View Post

And now, @drcmclow, imagine you are the Corsair-iCUE-developer-boss: Hundreds of people complain about the hardware-lighting (let's call it a bug even tho it's not a bug in the first place) and ambilight, something that would be just cool (a feature). And now YOUR boss comes in and says: "Look at all those people complaining about their rainbow! They threaten to switch to another manufacturers! Fix that issue! Highest priority!!!". Would you than say: "But a few people asked about ambilight, I'd like to do that first... because... it looks cool."? Of course you would not say that. There is a huge difference between solving problems and implementing new fancy features. And I don't think that the iCUE developer team is so big that they can easily split into two teams, one for solving problems and the other one for integrating new functions.
Haven't you noticed already that many of the folks here don't respond well to the reality of the process of software development and the need to balance features, resources and schedules? They want what they want and they want it NOW!

(By the way ... they did say, quite some time ago, that they were looking at the hardware lighting ... some of us on the beta team repeated that when it first came up here ... but because it wasn't done NOW and IMMEDIATELY and was a VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE that required ALL OTHER DEVELOPMENT TO HALT IMMEDIATELY to implement ... well, they got all in a tizzy fit. But I digress.)

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:16 AM
natefrog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982883
natefrog Reputation: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
They want what they want and they want it NOW!
Isn't that just the very nature of consumerism and not just related to software development though? Consumers want what they want and the company that can provide that to them gets their money. This leads to a race to give the consumers what they want to get said money and in software development usually leads to a buggy mess *cough* EA *cough*.

I can appreciate Corsair taking the time to make sure things are done right, but at a certain point taking too much time starts losing customers. This is coming from someone who doesn't even care about ambilight, just a realist.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:51 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 982913
Corsair James Reputation: 75

I appreciate some of your opinions and feedback. We don't comment on unreleased or unannounced products and this applies to software, but I can say anything new will always take time to develop as a concept, implement, and then test. Given that iCUE now supports more products under one umbrella than any other RGB software, the resources involved are multiplied these days for even the most simplest of tasks. I will be honest and admit that our competitors may achieve certain things faster, but that is because they may have less products to worry about, a smaller ecosystem, or the feature is limited in functionality. I hope that everyone who is passionate about iCUE has already seen what we can do with lighting and actions that are beyond what most others can do. We always will aim and strive to be the very best even if we aren't the first. This philosophy is what we abide by as a team.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Dodo the Spaceman
dorbot's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983042
dorbot Reputation: 10

Would be nice to see Black as quick pick colour. Black is a colour too, when surrounded by other colours.
For example if I want a Black visor on top of a temperature, I must set 0,0,0 on each of the two colours in the visor. If I want a wide black visor I have to set six more zeros for each additional completely black visor.
Its a bit tedious.
So.....
Visor effect width would be nice too.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:04 PM
crashniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983050
crashniels Reputation: 19

Thank you Corsair for providing updates. Keep up the great work!

May I also add a request?
Could you guys look into the SDK next? For some reason the h150i and the glaive rgb aren't detected by it. Had to roll back to 3.7.99 for it to work. These are the devices we (some people on discord) have experienced this on. I don't know if there are any more devices affected.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:01 PM
drcmclow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983058
drcmclow Reputation: 8

in my first post i wasnt complaining about anything, ! i was just asking if there are any news about ambilight... i also know this stuff takes long and i dont WANT IT NOW! i been asking for this feature since way before icue so how can u say most users want it now??? i dont expect anything but i also dont expect to be threaded this way because i ask a normal question...

if i could add it i would LOL but im no programmer!
i know how some stuff works, if somebody else did it u can copy it or modify the code to fit your needs, if the code is availible! wich clearly is for these kind of projects... ambilight basically only is a screengrabber running in the background sending signals to another task wich sends signals to the leds... icue (nodepro, commander pro) sends the signal to the led anyways! so why dont just look at on the millions of pi and arduino ambilight for pc projects! i dont think its much diffrent from it... if somebody can code this is no big deal im pretty sure! and just because i cant code doenst mean i dont know what im talking... or why do u think other companies have it or can do it and still have worse lighting software then icue?

Last edited by drcmclow; 12-01-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Darkness1015's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983215
Darkness1015 Reputation: 17

Just to get back on track for this thread......

WE ARE GETTING THE ABILITY TO GET RID OF RAINBOW ON BOOT/LOCK/LOGOUT FOR LL FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2018, 06:41 PM
natefrog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I plan to deploy v3.10 on 12/3 if it passes our validation team's testing.
I just got home from work hoping that I could finally put an end to the rainbow disco, but nothing yet. Just hope QC didn't find something that's going to hold it back for a long period of time.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:45 PM
natefrog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1015 View Post
Just to get back on track for this thread......

WE ARE GETTING THE ABILITY TO GET RID OF RAINBOW ON BOOT/LOCK/LOGOUT FOR LL FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully soon as it doesn't look like we're getting it today as expected.

Before I get yelled at I'm not complaining (much), if it's held up because QC found something then that's completely understandable. If its because QC is slacking though they deserve to be punished by having every light in their house do rainbow disco until the job is done.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983464
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

It's also still working hours PST, so the day is not quite done yet. Maybe still hope, but soon regardless.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:06 AM
minciu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983483
minciu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSnakk View Post
And now, @drcmclow, imagine you are the Corsair-iCUE-developer-boss.

Would you than say: "But a few people asked about ambilight, I'd like to do that first... because... it looks cool."?

.... And I don't think that the iCUE developer team is so big that they can easily split into two teams, one for solving problems and the other one for integrating new functions.

Just take a look at PUBG; how much hate they get because they obvioulsy don't fix bugs but come up with new content, even tho they are split up and everyone knows that but that's sth else...

Back to topic, if it's as easy as you say to implement ambilight into iCUE, then go ahead!
Corsair-iCUE-developer-boss shoud know, that if they dont implement new futures, they will loss customers.

Few peopel ask for Ambilight. OK normaly if somone is going new stuff and he will like to buy ambilight, he will not came here and ask for it. He will just buy lets say for examle QUADRO with strips for 70-80USD and he will have deep product without this function.

Here are people who have allredy Corsair node and commander. We allredy spend for this 100+ USD and we dont know what next, shoud we sell it on ebay and buy QUADRO if we wuld like more functionalyty?

Rainbow left, rainbow right, ranbow up, rainbow down.. i dont care. What a difrence how exacly is lighting. I know it is not full perfect but for me is enought. I dont ask for more rainbows :D

In my opinion Corsair CUE vs ICUE give me nothing for my NodePro and CommanderPro. I use this in same way like before. I cant find any fresh grate options.

Its is stupid when I look at this:
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product...sqm9kkps3nppu3

Lighting system adapter:
RGBpx Splitty4 can be used to connect the following manufacturer specific lighting systems to the RGBpx system:

Manufacturer Corsair (four connector for a maximum of four fans,"LED hub" is not required):
LL120 RGB, LL140 RGB (16 LEDs per fan)
HD120 RGB, HD140 RGB (12 LEDs per fan)
ML120 PRO RGB-LED, ML140 PRO RGB-LED (4 LEDs per fan)

Say what, we can use other software and hardware to control Corsair stuff..

Yeap, You have nothing to worry about. All is perfect..

Lets back to this:
"And now, @drcmclow, imagine you are the Corsair-iCUE-developer-boss"

Im imagine how i push my team to split and do it somthing to not lose a quiet big pie of market.

If I ask for new future when it will be available. Or it is chance in next few months its stupid, when ansfer is : Go buy what u need from other company. WTF? It is stupid, that i need to ask for this and Corsair still dont have any product with that.

AquaComputer just start with RGBpx lithtning, and bum, they have all futures from beginning. Also they give adapter for help ppl like me :)

Last edited by minciu; 12-04-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983492
DevBiker Reputation: 83

I'd be real, real careful using that "splitty" device. It doesn't have its own power connection.

What they don't tell you is that you have power limitations on how many fans you can split from a single fan hub or Node Pro connection. There is only so much current available on a 4.5A SATA connection. If you get over 120 LEDs on a single 4.5A SATA power connection, you run a significant risk of overloading the power delivery and blowing a fuse or capacitor. For the LNP, you want to keep it at a max of 60 LEDs on a single connection without a fan hub (which has its own power). Now, this device itself may not exceed that but if used to extend a fan hub ... or if you somehow put 4 LL fans on a single Lighting Node Pro connection, rather than going through a fan hub, you could have problems.

And then there are the fans. Depending on the fans you use, you also run the risk of overloading the fan controller. Putting 4 fans on there that are rated for .30A gives you a total rated current draw of 1.2A. That's more than the 1.0A specification for most fan headers.

Splitters are all fine and dandy ... but you cannot use them without thinking real hard about the power draw that you're going to have.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:16 AM
minciu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983528
minciu Reputation: 10

This spliter is for quadro. It have 25wat per chanel and molex suply.

So IT is not easy to Burn up computer.