The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 02:59 AM
Sarkoth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980017
Sarkoth Reputation: 10

Have you tried switching hard drives / installing on another drive? One of them could be failing / be heavily fragmented if HDD. That's the only thing not yet tackled as far as I haven't missed anything.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:10 AM
mpw90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980230
mpw90 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkoth View Post
Have you tried switching hard drives / installing on another drive? One of them could be failing / be heavily fragmented if HDD. That's the only thing not yet tackled as far as I haven't missed anything.

Yes, I have tried 4 different disks, all tested separately, with others disconnected. All new.

SSD 1 - Windows 10, format after issue not solved and tried Linux - didn't work
SSD 2 - Linux, format after issue not solved and tried Windows 10 - didn't work

HDD 1 - Windows 10, format after issue not solved and tried Linux - didn't work
HDD 2 - Linux, format after issue not solved and tried Windows 10 - didn't work

Old 11-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Szychmistrz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980255
Szychmistrz Reputation: 10

Mate do you have replaced PSU ?? i have ordered g.skill trend z rgb ram to give chance to amd but from all components (mobo gpu and g.skill gonna come in friday) i didnt change only cpu and PSU so iam corsious if its still microstutter presist after changin PSU on your case . I d like to say iam with you mate and i still having this problem since i bought all components, maybe Ram gonna solve the problem if not i am gonna swich to intel

Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 AM
The Inactive Lurker
xin0710's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994349
xin0710 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw90 View Post
Yes, I have tried 4 different disks, all tested separately, with others disconnected. All new.

SSD 1 - Windows 10, format after issue not solved and tried Linux - didn't work
SSD 2 - Linux, format after issue not solved and tried Windows 10 - didn't work

HDD 1 - Windows 10, format after issue not solved and tried Linux - didn't work
HDD 2 - Linux, format after issue not solved and tried Windows 10 - didn't work
So you can confirm your issue is not a Windows 10 issue?

Because I've been experiencing a similar issue with CSGO starting late 2017 after I updated to the Windows 10 1703 Creators Update. This was back when CSGO was still on the Scaleform UI. I have not experienced any form of microstuttering in other games. It only happens on CSGO.

However, my issue isn't exactly just a "microstutter". You may classify it as a microstutter, but the experience on my end is more of a 5 second GPU driver freeze with a 100% GPU usage spike then dropping to 0% usage before recovering again.

Based on that experience, I've gone through most of the GeForce drivers starting with 378.78 manually DDU installing all the way up to my current driver 418.81 without any success -- granted, I wasn't trying to methodically fix the issue like you were. And yes, I am aware of the power monitoring tools causing microstutter and have stopped using MSI Afterburner entirely.

I recently reformatted my boot drive with a fresh install of 1803 three days ago. Even though I have yet to experience the "microstuttering" in the middle of a competitive match, (Edit: Jinxed myself just now.) I did however, experience the same GPU freezing while hosting an offline server which ended up kicking my friend out.

If you find my experience similar to yours, then I doubt it has anything to do with your AMD processor since I am on a first generation Core i7-950 on the x58 platform. Our common denominator would probably be Corsair components (RAM and PSU). But the only use I have for the iCUE software is for my Corsair K95 RGB keyboard since my RAM and PSU are pretty dated and do not include Corsair Link functionality.

If you can 100% confirm for me that Windows 10 is not the culprit, then I have reason to believe that the issue lies within Valve Software, Steam, and CSGO.

Last edited by xin0710; 02-15-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: I played 1 match.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 PM
The Inactive Lurker
xin0710's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995812

Welp, I guess the thread is dead.

I'll just leave these "microstutter" clips here for future Googlers:

NaVi s1mple
https://www.twitch.tv/s1mple/clip/Af...ldKangarooDerp

Shroud (RTX 2080Ti)
https://www.twitch.tv/shroud/clip/Ad...ePhilosoraptor

Seangares (GTX 980Ti)
https://www.twitch.tv/sgares/clip/At...eeseKappaClaus

mouz ropz (GTX 1080)
https://www.twitch.tv/ropz/clip/ChillyTardyPuppyPMSTwin

Old 02-28-2019, 08:50 PM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995930
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

By any chance is your computer plugged into the same circuit as a power-line network adapter or another piece of heaver equipment like a furnace, home exhaust fan, or refrigerator, or some other kind of noisy electrical equipment?

If you have different circuit runs in your home try plugging your computer into a different circuit or even take your computer to a different location and power on and test there.

Just something to try since you seem to have exhausted so many options.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:10 PM
The Inactive Lurker
xin0710's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995998

Me, nope... and my computer is on a UPS. But I'll consider testing without the UPS and on a different circuit after testing this 358.91 driver with WDDM 2.0...

I just need Windows 10 to quit trying to force install version 388.13 even after opting not to in DDU safe-mode.

As for OP, it seems he either fixed his issue or just gave up.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:16 AM
The Inactive Lurker
xin0710's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996697

Update:
- Testing without UPS on a different 30 Amp circuit didn't solve the issue.
- 358.91 with WDDM 2.0 drivers provided longer session stability but still experienced one freeze after days of testing.

I am currently on the 419.17 driver which included random application crash fixes for Windows 7. Hopefully, it also has an effect on Windows 10.

Also, CSGO just got a major update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Release Notes for 3/6/2019
[GRAPHICS]
– Added an optional -d3d9ex command line switch to reduce CPU memory use by about 40%. If you encounter graphics problems with this feature, please send an email to CSGOTeamFeedback@valvesoftware.com with the subject “D3D9EX”.
This significantly improved DWM alt+tab recovery performance for me.
I suggest anyone experiencing microstutter in CSGO to try out this new command-line argument as it will probably be implemented for all users in the future.

This is not to be confused with the old -nod3d9ex command used to disable DWM Aero effects on Windows Vista. It is most likely the opposite of that.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:56 AM
cplifj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998110
cplifj Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkoth View Post
This, and even the Sata/Raid firmware could be the culprit.

A minor incompatibility between sata firmware and SSD or HDD firmware.

Could thus also try to update SSD firmware.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:07 AM
The Inactive Lurker
xin0710's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998135
Default TL;DR... Valve, why is CSGO trying to use Nvidia PhysX!?!?

Progress on my part!

Using the newly added -d3d9ex command-line switch basically turned the 5 second CSGO "microstutter" into a full single frame indefinite freeze.
This single frame gets stuck on screen indefinitely while the game audio and command input still function in the background.
Alt+tabbing back into the game did not help. In fact, the csgo.exe process stops using the GPU Engine completely at this point.
This was a horrible experience for competitive matches since the game never actually recovers from this frozen frame state.
So I am forced to close the game entirely every time it happened.

However, having this single frame stuck on my screen indefinitely basically made it easier to test and troubleshoot the microstutters.
I can just leave the game running offline in the background without having to actively wait for a microstutter to occur.
And yes, it happens offline as well, which mostly eliminates any networking related cause.

After hours of Googling, I came across a Borderlands 2 freezing issue that has existed since 2014 up to this day.
Borderlands players have solved this issue by turning off the in-game PhysX.

It never crossed my mind that CSGO, a non-PhysX game, could possibly be affected by the PhysX system software driver.
Either way, I open up NVCP and configure PhysX to run on the CPU instead of the GPU.

After a full week of testing this and idling my game offline, I haven't experienced a single freeze or microstutter.

A few more days pass and I decide to set PhysX to run back on the GPU.
I then go out for lunch and return to a frozen CSGO screen...

Welp, my fingers are crossed.
Hopefully, this will be the last post you guys will ever see from me on this thread.
I wish OP the best of luck with his case.
-- jinxed again.

Edit:
Nope. It still froze. Although, it happens less often with PhysX set to CPU.

JasonR:

Valve, please fix!

Last edited by xin0710; 03-22-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Still froze.