Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 02:10 PM
VII Hells's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994365
VII Hells Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thobber View Post
Renaming the different cpuidskd files should work.
But did you try to download the latest update? It worked for me, no black screens since.
Glad it's working for you mate but I just decided, based off your feedback, to have another crack at iCUE (3.11.114) and I got a blackscreen within 3 hours or so of installing. I've been suffering with this issue for many months now (probably over a year actually) and a while back I downgraded to the regular CUE software without any crashes until now when I put iCUE back on after reading your post (there's other issues with CUE though, and whilst they don't cause crashes, they're still very annoying so I'm still looking to go back to iCUE if it ever becomes stable). When I was troubleshooting the issue months ago, sometimes it would go a couple of weeks without a crash just so you know. It was such a pain because every time I tried changing something to fix the blackscreens/crashes I was getting, I would think it was fixed only to have another crash 1 or 2 weeks later and then I'd have to go and try something else. I was never able to replicate a scenario where I could test if blackscreens/crashes had stopped as it seemingly just happens at random. That continued until I came across this thread and discovered it was iCUE causing the issue. I'd say it's just a matter of time for you mate, that is, until you get another one. Hopefully for your sake I'm wrong or you have a different set up to me that got patched with the update. The only really consistent things I've noticed is it's normally ASUS boards and normally with a x79 chipset (this is the set up that I and many others have that have posted here). Good luck with it though sir, I wish you the very best and thank you for your post.

@ANYONE FROM CORSAIR
Can someone please update the thread on this issue? I'm at the point now where I don't care if I have to go fork out another few hundred for new non-corsair equipment just so I don't have to deal with all this BS anymore. The only reason I haven't done so already is because I use the lapdog that only fits the K70 keyboard. Also, just FYI, renaming cpuidsdk.dll takes away macros functionality so it's not a valid workaround as that's an essential for me and one of the reasons I bought such a "high end" keyboard and mouse. This is very poor customer service. If you aren't going to patch this to help us out, for Gods sake, would you please just let us all know so that we can make decisions on what we are going to do going forward and get on with our business? In modern day, Pewdiepie parlance, SMH...SMH in absolute disgust.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:29 AM
aujagor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994435
aujagor Reputation: 10

Popped in to see if there were any updates.

On my end, renaming the cpuid .dll's seems to have resolved the black-screen crashes on my Rog H7Wifi, but broke iCue's link to my Vengeance Pro RGB RAM. Could certainly be worse, but frustrating nonetheless (I actually bought the RAM thinking it was the reason my last board was black-screening, but obviously wasn't.)

If there's any logs we can pull that would help identify the issue and drive to a resolution I would be happy to provide it when I have the time to do so. I would love to be back to 100% functionality again; getting close to time for another teardown to do a water loop and if I need to make any changes that would certainly be the time to do so.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:22 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 994471
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Hey everyone due to the fact that this issue is occurring on such an old chipset it's been hard for the team to get a system in for testing.

They have a few leads on obtaining an x79 system. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support
Old 02-16-2019, 08:29 PM
VII Hells's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Hey everyone due to the fact that this issue is occurring on such an old chipset it's been hard for the team to get a system in for testing.

They have a few leads on obtaining an x79 system. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.
With due respect, I could have an x79 board by the end of the week and I'm a bum that labours in a warehouse for a living. This has been going on for over a year. It's really not that hard.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:05 PM
aujagor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post

...This occurred to me on both a B350 chipset and an X470...I mean, I can understand the trouble of finding an X79 system, but don't totally follow the relevance of it.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 AM
VII Hells's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994696

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII Hells View Post
renaming cpuidsdk.dll takes away macros functionality so it's not a valid workaround
For the record, it appears I was otherwise wrong about this or it's a different outcome since the update. I tried renaming cpuidsdk.dll and cpuidsdk64.dll again and it hasn't broken my macros this time on version 3.11.114. Also, it's been a couple of days now with no blackscreen/crash. I will let the forum know if I have any further issues but think I might be good for now. Would still appreciate an update from Corsair though.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:15 PM
aujagor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995408

Quote:
For the record, it appears I was otherwise wrong about this or it's a different outcome since the update. I tried renaming cpuidsdk.dll and cpuidsdk64.dll again and it hasn't broken my macros this time on version 3.11.114. Also, it's been a couple of days now with no blackscreen/crash. I will let the forum know if I have any further issues but think I might be good for now. Would still appreciate an update from Corsair though.
Which version is this on? I'm curious if updating to a newer version and renaming the .dll's will give me my DIMM controls back...

EDIT: Just updated to 3.12.118 and it gave me my RAM control back. gonna let it run for a lil bit and see if I get a blackscreen before I go renaming the .dll's, as I think that may be what is killing it.

Last edited by aujagor; 02-23-2019 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:25 PM
thobber's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995699
thobber Reputation: 10

Quote:
Glad it's working for you mate but I just decided, based off your feedback, to have another crack at iCUE (3.11.114) and I got a blackscreen within 3 hours or so of installing. I've been suffering with this issue for many months now (probably over a year actually) and a while back I downgraded to the regular CUE software without any crashes until now when I put iCUE back on after reading your post (there's other issues with CUE though, and whilst they don't cause crashes, they're still very annoying so I'm still looking to go back to iCUE if it ever becomes stable). When I was troubleshooting the issue months ago, sometimes it would go a couple of weeks without a crash just so you know. It was such a pain because every time I tried changing something to fix the blackscreens/crashes I was getting, I would think it was fixed only to have another crash 1 or 2 weeks later and then I'd have to go and try something else. I was never able to replicate a scenario where I could test if blackscreens/crashes had stopped as it seemingly just happens at random. That continued until I came across this thread and discovered it was iCUE causing the issue. I'd say it's just a matter of time for you mate, that is, until you get another one. Hopefully for your sake I'm wrong or you have a different set up to me that got patched with the update. The only really consistent things I've noticed is it's normally ASUS boards and normally with a x79 chipset (this is the set up that I and many others have that have posted here). Good luck with it though sir, I wish you the very best and thank you for your post.
Wanted to just reply back that it is still working, and havent had any issues since!
Old 03-03-2019, 02:54 PM
alphalvr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996249
alphalvr Reputation: 10

Hey can I add that I have the exact same problem, Install ICUE,(I have STRAFE Keyboard) update Firmware and software and from that moment I get daily crashes, sometimes several.

I only figured it out because corsair ICUE was the only thing ever mentioned in reliability history, usually the lockups show as nothing. So I tried removing it....left PC on for a week solid , no crashes. Reinstalled ICUE today and have already had two lockups.

This is a clean install, in fact I was doing my install when this all started, shortly after installing ICUE for my keyboard.

The lockup shows itself as sudden PC failure, screen goes black, keyboard lights go black but PC stays lit up and fans are still running. I have to use the rear power switch to restart the PC as power and reset no longer work.

Could I just say it saddens me to read about being unable to source an older system, is that a joke?? Like the other poster I could have a system with that spec inside a week with about 10-mins effort. (I work in Macdonalds so you have no excuse) Leaves me little hope that this issue will be resolved.

Ryzen 2700X and Asus X370-f (latest bios 4024) It crashed the same on previous bios's
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug logging.zip (33.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by alphalvr; 03-03-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:50 PM
aujagor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996270

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalvr View Post
Hey can I add that I have the exact same problem, Install ICUE,(I have STRAFE Keyboard) update Firmware and software and from that moment I get daily crashes, sometimes several.

I only figured it out because corsair ICUE was the only thing ever mentioned in reliability history, usually the lockups show as nothing. So I tried removing it....left PC on for a week solid , no crashes. Reinstalled ICUE today and have already had two lockups.

This is a clean install, in fact I was doing my install when this all started, shortly after installing ICUE for my keyboard.

The lockup shows itself as sudden PC failure, screen goes black, keyboard lights go black but PC stays lit up and fans are still running. I have to use the rear power switch to restart the PC as power and reset no longer work.

Could I just say it saddens me to read about being unable to source an older system, is that a joke?? Like the other poster I could have a system with that spec inside a week with about 10-mins effort. (I work in Macdonalds so you have no excuse) Leaves me little hope that this issue will be resolved.

Ryzen 2700X and Asus X370-f (latest bios 4024) It crashed the same on previous bios's

Try deleting the CPUID files in iCue's registry, that seemed to work for me.

Unfortunately, I ended up RMA'ing my 370 Strix thinking that was the issue before I ended up resolving this, but the latest update seems to be running fine on my C7Hero. Latest iCue, latest BIOS. I fixed the stability issues previously by doing the CPUID fix I mentioned above, but it cost me the RGB controls for my Vengeance Pro ram; this latest update I left everything as is and have been problem free for a week *knocks on wood*
Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 PM
alphalvr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996362
alphalvr Reputation: 10

That is funny as I was in the process of RMA'ing my 970 EVO NVME m.2 drive being almost certain that was the culprit.

Then I noticed icue had been mentioned in reliability history (only once because usually nothing is logged anywhere due to the sudden hard lockup nature) I was not really expecting it to be the cause of issue but as soon as it was uninstalled the problem went away.

After leaving my PC on for a week with no more crashes I reinstalled icue yesterday and have had 4 hard lockups in 24 hours.

I have just uninstalled the software again as it makes the PC virtually unusable.

I will try what you suggest, not really what I wanted to hear. What would be nice is if they included a check box which would allow me to disable polling of the sensors. (my theory as to the cause)

If they need a board for testing they just need a X370-f because it happens so often it should be at least helpful in pinning this down.

My new PC has ruined my STRAFE RGB keyboard

regards
Old 03-15-2019, 05:28 PM

POST ID # = 997870
mflieger Reputation: 10

Any follow-up to this thread from Corsair? I believe I may be having this same issue on the same hardware reported using the latest version of iCue.