The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2017, 09:53 AM
rongtw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 910341
rongtw Reputation: 10

This has annoyed me since i bought my m65rgb :(
and have tried all sorts of fixes

Old 07-05-2017, 12:26 PM
rongtw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 910435

No Corsair staff arround ?

Old 07-07-2017, 06:53 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 910671
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockjaw333 View Post
Just got a k70 lux rgb and am having the same issue. All of my USB devices will drop out for a few seconds at random, only has happened while playing bf1. I have a USB DAC plugged into a powered USB hub, two mice and an Xbox wireless controller adapter plugged into the Mobo USB ports, and the k70 lux plugged into one USB 3.0 (keyboard) and one USB 2.0 (passthrough). It's a lot of usb devices, could it be a power issue?

Any help would be appreciated!
Some USB ports are already a part of a hub so you could be reaching USB bandwidth issues. Look at the motherboard schematic in your manual and try to alternate the plugs between controllers.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-07-2017, 06:54 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 910674

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongtw View Post
No Corsair staff arround ?
We don't monitor these forums for tech support. Contact our tech team instead through a ticket if you need immediate help.

As for your issue of USB disconnect, use a program like USB Deview and it can help you diagnose why the issue occurs. This isn't something triggered by CUE though can be exasperated since CUE when launched will always search for connected devices for X milliseconds before it stops polling.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:36 AM

POST ID # = 910723
Xploder270 Reputation: 10

Same exact issue here and I've described the issues this causes in the USB problems thread (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167807)

Here's a screenshot of USBDeview running if this helps: http://imgur.com/35L1F5t

Running CUE 2.15.83

Old 07-09-2017, 01:44 AM
Flyprdu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 910824
Flyprdu Reputation: 10

I can confirm that CUE causes a USB disconnect sound on the startup of the program in both v1.x and v2.x.

Unrelated, but I've been having USB Hub crashes lately. I'm running diagnostics trying to determine the source of the issue. I hadn't considered the K70RGB as the cause, but it could be likely that something recently has changed causing the USB Hub to start shutting down.

Issues began after the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:25 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xploder270 View Post
Same exact issue here and I've described the issues this causes in the USB problems thread (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167807)

Here's a screenshot of USBDeview running if this helps: http://imgur.com/35L1F5t

Running CUE 2.15.83
Do you see anything out of the blue when CUE starts and you hear the disconnect sound?

Old 07-10-2017, 05:33 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyprdu View Post
I can confirm that CUE causes a USB disconnect sound on the startup of the program in both v1.x and v2.x.

Unrelated, but I've been having USB Hub crashes lately. I'm running diagnostics trying to determine the source of the issue. I hadn't considered the K70RGB as the cause, but it could be likely that something recently has changed causing the USB Hub to start shutting down.

Issues began after the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Im not surprised. We had some issues before and after the update on certain systems.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:34 AM
rongtw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911095

what i have found is that the mouse driver does not load untill i get the disconect sound ?

Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 AM
FuzzyWolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911127
FuzzyWolf Reputation: 10

I've experience this too with my corsair K70 lux rgb. I know its CUE becuase before the sound, the keyboard profile doesnt load until after the sound. But I found the issue for me, it only happens when my keyboard is connected to the usb 2.0 on my motherboard. When I switch to usb 3.0 the problem stops and keyboard is more stable too. Before, after I launch games the lights for Num lock, caps lock and scroll lock woundnt light up or off if they were deactivated/activated.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:21 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911171

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWolf View Post
I've experience this too with my corsair K70 lux rgb. I know its CUE becuase before the sound, the keyboard profile doesnt load until after the sound. But I found the issue for me, it only happens when my keyboard is connected to the usb 2.0 on my motherboard. When I switch to usb 3.0 the problem stops and keyboard is more stable too. Before, after I launch games the lights for Num lock, caps lock and scroll lock woundnt light up or off if they were deactivated/activated.
That wouldn't be a CUE issue if the USB port changing solves the issue. Thats entirely driver related.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:51 PM
FuzzyWolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911216
FuzzyWolf Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
That wouldn't be a CUE issue if the USB port changing solves the issue. Thats entirely driver related.
I'm curious, why do you think it's a driver issue? There's only one USB driver for my motherboard which is "Asmedia_USB3_V1.16.35.1" (the latest one) and if I switch to a different port, woudn't it still rely on that same driver?

Other than that, the port that I used before has the label "keyboard" on it which is linked to ROG Keybot chip, maybe that's the issue? I don't use this feature though as CUE have all the functions of keybot already.

Edit: I give up, its making that sound again randomly. Not everytime I restart/turn pc on but sometimes.

Last edited by FuzzyWolf; 07-13-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:44 AM

POST ID # = 911514
Xploder270 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Do you see anything out of the blue when CUE starts and you hear the disconnect sound?
There is absolutely no difference within USBDeview before and after CUE launch/disconnect sound. I also refreshed the program to be sure.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:47 PM
rongtw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911702

its definately CUE thats the cause , i have even changed the start up priority of CUE and it still gives same error .
there is no point in starting a support ticket when its software not hardware problem

Old 07-14-2017, 03:00 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911710
Zotty Reputation: 52

I did have this issue along with A few other cue/link related bugs. Narrowed it down to my keyboard and mouse being plugged into the Gaming Device ports (the red ones) on my MSI gaming motherboard. Swapped to normal usb ports and everything works as it should now.......