The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 07:30 AM
Axiste's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994184
Axiste Reputation: 10

36 hours so far, No more usb disconnects. Currently have Spiral Rainbow Lighting Link running. This latest version also fixed an issue where my first 6 fans on a LNP would not work in this mode (They would stay on Rainbow only)...

OMG speak of the Devil.. as I now type this.. just had 2 disconnects! Seems it was ok using individual Spiral Rainbow settings but doesnt like Lighting Link.. Now 2 more.. so 4 total.

Going back to individual to see what happens... Nope.. 2 more whilst setting each to individual Rainbow...

Now H115i set to Red static.. so far so good again... Well.. It seemed ok for the first 36 hours.. then I used Lighting Link and killed it.. (I have a LOT of devices when its linked...)

Old 02-14-2019, 12:28 PM
buzzdieh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994212
buzzdieh Reputation: 10

I too can confirm that the issue is still present. Static colours work absolutly fine, but adding an effect still causes USB disconnects.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994216
Waukeen Reputation: 10

Sigh so where to start. OK, first off I have not had the USB disconnect happen in about 48 hours, and I have the same setup as I had when this started occurring, so yay I guess.

Now though yall seem to have borked something else up, so thanks for making me think this was fully solved. Now my power supply (HX1200i) only shows the temp and the efficiency of the device, where as before it would show me the power in/out among a couple other options such as the power on the 12, 5 and 3.3 volt lines (this information WAS showing up on the older software) and the same goes for the Commander Pro as well (this had the voltages only). Now I'm not that concerned about the voltages persay but being able to see the power in/out is kind of nice so you can get an idea what kind of load you are putting on it. The added "Efficiency" number is rather nice but I could care less about doing the estimate in my head since if I can see what the raw number going in and out is.

How is it that you guys on the iCue team have managed to introduce NEW issues or fail to fix issues over multiple software releases? While I am going to tentatively say that the disconnect/reconnect issues *SEEMS* to be fixed (I point you to the post above from Axiste having it happen), this new "issue" is just as bad in my opinion since you managed to take away useful information and added something that doesn't seem like its figuring out the math correctly as I have seen the "Efficiency" %age is more or less about where it should be based off what I was seeing before (at idle) if I did the math in my head, when the PSU is actually providing more power (as in when I am playing a game or something) I have not only see numbers of 101% or higher up to 114% (again I understand that if it goes from providing more than needing less right away can someone from Corsair explain to me why the Efficiency % was showing me -141% a couple times so far? This is have only caught a couple of times as it doesn't happen often and when it does it happens too quickly to be able to get a screenshot of.

Now I could log the PSU information and see what I can shake out but since yall over there on the dev team seem to be ignoring us here I wont bother to unless I am asked directly since it would likely come to nothing if I did.

So what I would like to see happen is being given back the ability to view that information, as I didn't buy this PSU ONLY because I wanted to sell out completely to Corsair, I also got it because I liked the ability to see that information. I would also like to see proper communication from the dev team in regards to issues people are experiencing as opposed to the 'head in the sand' approach that seems to be the case there at this time. Lastly I would LIKE SOME OF THE REASONS I BOUGHT THE BLOODY DEVICE TO NOT BE REMOVED STEALTHILY. I am not the only one who seems to have noticed this issue (AX1600i data has gone missing in iCue).

Time to start a phone call campaign on a daily basis about this as it is getting out of hand. I am also going to see if the poster in the other thread wants to join this one even if they don't exactly have the same issues we did. At this point starting to wonder if the title of this can be changed to a catch all just to consolidate these into one area even if not everyone has a WC loop. Kinda like me.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:07 PM
h1dden87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994353
h1dden87 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzdieh View Post
I too can confirm that the issue is still present. Static colours work absolutly fine, but adding an effect still causes USB disconnects.
Same, still broken for me.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:12 AM
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994466
Glzmo Reputation: 10

The big culprit to the disconnect/reconnect issues appears to be the iCue software v3.12.118. An indicator is that when you start iCue, i disconnects/reconnects the H115i RGB Platinum briefly.

I set my profiles, exited iCue, removed it from startup and restarted (multiple times now). The fans seem to use the set profile normally (both RPM and RGB lighting), although I'm unsure about the pump. With iCue not running, there are no USB disconnects/reconnects, even with Steam running. It seems that iCue doesn't like software like Steam running and crashes when such software is running, which causes the disconnect/reconnect and reset to "quiet" settings. I really wish we could set default settings that apply when iCue crashes.

Also, if I disconnect the USB from both the H115i RGB Platinum and the Fans run fine. No problems, no flashing, just operating with the profile I set for the fans before. I just hope that the pump is also running on Extreme as I set, but there is no way to tell except starting iCue, which re-applies the last settings on startup so it's impossible to say (and no, my pump isn't audible even on extreme, so I can't use it as an indicator either - perhaps one of you that has a noisy pump could check, though).

All in all, it seems that it's an iCue software issue which Corsair needs to fix, possibly in conjunction with the people at Steam and whatever other software that causes conflicts.

I wonder what would happen if iCue wouldn't disconnect/reconnect Corsair USB devices when it starts. Corsair should really add some debugging options to the software so we could test things better.

Last edited by Glzmo; 02-16-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:14 PM
CorePrime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994615
CorePrime Reputation: 10

I wonder if this will be another week of no resolution to this issue.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:18 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994617
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorePrime View Post
I wonder if this will be another week of no resolution to this issue.
Mhm? Of course it will. iCUE update was just published for this month, there are never more than this 1 build every month. So next update is mid March but I doubt they will fix this until then... This will take at least til Eastern, maybe even til Summer...

Old 02-17-2019, 12:28 PM
CorePrime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994619
CorePrime Reputation: 10

What is Eastern? All speculation. I'm not convinced that we will get the type of resolution we expect. But hey, Corsair will keep kicking out new products for you to purchase.