The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992687
Corsair Kevin Reputation: 10

Gosh, I'm sorry it was such a hassle! With any luck, as time goes on, I hope to see widespread support while still allowing the use of XMP. I'm glad to hear everything was sorted out for the most part! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigzyboi View Post
Hi Kevin. I did download direct from the main site.
I have finally been able to get my sticks to be viewable and edit them. I had to turn of X.M.P in the bios.... soon as I did that boom sees all sticks even my pretend Corsair RGB ones......

Been a right mare but got there in the end!!

Cheers Guys.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:55 PM
ThatNerdGUI's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992688
ThatNerdGUI Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigzyboi View Post
My exact issue. I have just brought two sets of these but the ICUE software is not detecting them so I am unable to edit the lighting.
I am running an:
ROG Asus x99 Strix
4 x 4gb standard Corsair ram with the addition of 4 RGB Vengeance RAM

I deleted the Asus Aura application to see if that conflicted with the ICUE but it seems to not have made a difference. Can you assist with why they are not being seen in ICUE?

Cheers
My ROG x470 Stix have the same issue. 4024 BIOS recognize the RAM but it's unstable and I can't run XFR, BIOS 4207 is stable but iCue cant recognized the RAM. Now the RAM turned off during a windows update and I can't turn it on without going back to the old BIOS. It's very frustrating and I'm sure this is more on Asus side than Corsair since it looks like most people having this issue are using Asus MBs.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:46 PM

POST ID # = 992711
travis8814 Reputation: 10

Same problem here: I heard from Corsair a newer version of ICUE should fix this
(I have the ASUS PRIME X470-PRO) Asus told me to sell my ram basically, even after it worked with the first BIOS version fine:

Quote:
Hi Travis,

Thank you for contacting ASUS product support. My name is Jhed C. and it is my pleasure to continue where you left off.

I appreciate your patience and for giving us time to come up with a resolution for your case. After collaborating with our engineers, we are now able to provide you with a recommendation on how to address your concern.

If you are using Vengeance Pro, the RGB will not be compatible. Please get the Corsair RGB (not Pro) and that one works

Should you need additional assistance, it will be my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing ASUS. Your case number is: N190215184.

Do you have feedback that you would like to share about your experience with our CEO? We’d love to hear about it! Share your feedback here: Contact our CEO's Office

Sincerely,
Jhed C.
ASUS Product Support

Last edited by Technobeard; 02-05-2019 at 12:12 AM. Reason: added BBCODE

Old 02-05-2019, 03:41 PM
ThatNerdGUI's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992768

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis8814 View Post
Same problem here: I heard from Corsair a newer version of ICUE should fix this
(I have the ASUS PRIME X470-PRO) Asus told me to sell my ram basically, even after it worked with the first BIOS version fine:
I received a call from Asus today and after I went through all my testing and issues with the guy on the phone he said that they were going to look into it in their lab and see if there's a potential issue with their BIOS (which I'm sure it's the case) or my MB and give me a call back in about 2 business days. My issues are becoming more frequent and now I can't even run the 4 sticks in the latest BIOS since it won't pass the RAM post. Fingers crossed that I can get this sorted out and maybe lest stability issues from Asus part.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992772

Hi MrSprint! I have confirmed that they do indeed work with LPX RAM. However, they were definitely created as a means to fill in gaps for those already running Vengeance RGB Pro RAM in their systems, so there could be some issues when running with other combinations, especially any RAM that also has LEDs.

I tested with the following:

Vengeance LPX -> System posted, and lighting effects were configurable for Lighting Enhancement Kit

Vengeance LED -> PC didn't post

Vengeance RGB -> System posted, but neither show up in iCUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSprint View Post
So I'm struggling to find clear confirmation of this, do these work with other Corsair ram, or JUST Vengeance RGB Pro?

I have a 32Gb Vengeance LPX Non RGB kit (2x16Gb sticks) (CMK32GX4M2F4000C19), leaving two dimms free. Can i still use these RGB Vengence Pro enhancement kits even though my other sticks are Vengeance LPX non RGB? (I might change to RGB Pro ram in the future to complete the look)

Thhhannks :)

Old 02-06-2019, 04:29 AM
ThatNerdGUI's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992852

Quick question yo anyone that knows, I looked into the SPD on my MB and I noticed that for TCCD_L 3 ot ouf 4 dims have different values: 6,6,12,15. Is this fine or could this cause issue in my system?

Old 02-06-2019, 06:33 PM
MrSprint's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992959
MrSprint Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Kevin View Post
Hi MrSprint! I have confirmed that they do indeed work with LPX RAM. However, they were definitely created as a means to fill in gaps for those already running Vengeance RGB Pro RAM in their systems, so there could be some issues when running with other combinations, especially any RAM that also has LEDs.

I tested with the following:

Vengeance LPX -> System posted, and lighting effects were configurable for Lighting Enhancement Kit

Vengeance LED -> PC didn't post

Vengeance RGB -> System posted, but neither show up in iCUE
Superb, thanks for testing, very much appreciate the effort and extra mile

Time to place an order

Old 02-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992965

My pleasure! If there's any way I can be of further assistance, I'd be glad to.

Out of curiosity, what chipset is in your motherboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSprint View Post
Superb, thanks for testing, very much appreciate the effort and extra mile

Time to place an order

Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 AM

POST ID # = 995523
danielalbertini Reputation: 10
Default Icue vengeance pro rgb

Inglês:

Hi.

I have a 4x8 3200 memory kit from Vengeance pro rgb, at first the iCUE recognized and managed to use the effects of the LEDs of the memories, but later it did not recognize any more, I tried to put several versions and even formatted the computer, the LEDs are in factory default effect

Does anyone have an alternative

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Português:

Oi.

Estou com um kit de memoria 4x8 3200 da Vengeance pro rgb, no inicio o iCUE reconheceu e conseguiu utilizar os efeitos dos LEDs das memorias, porem depois ele não reconheceu mais, tentei colocar diversas versões e até formatei o computador, mesmo assim não reconhece, os LEDs ficam no efeito padrão de fabrica

Alguém tem uma alternativa

Old 02-25-2019, 11:38 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995612
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Can Corsair let us know if they will make a DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB version or are these only available for the Vengeance RGB Pro?