The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2015, 05:57 PM

POST ID # = 803661
Pataxx Reputation: 10
Question Corsair Link, wrong CPU Temp

Hey, it seems like Corsair Link is some kind of bugged.
It says my CPU runs at ~70°C, while it's real temp is at ~40°C (checked with multiple tools). There is another sensor detected as MB Temp wich seems to be the "real" CPU temp. Is there Any way to make Corsair Link reading the correct sensor?

Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k

Screen: https://pl.vc/4mo0c

Last edited by Pataxx; 08-29-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 PM

POST ID # = 803913
rubley00 Reputation: 15

I've given up on CorsairLink, it shows 3 temps for my GPU and constantly changes which one has a temp other than 0.0. Check out SIV instead

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 804070
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Link derives its CPU temperature reading from an average of the core temperatures in the system. Is Link's CPU temperature more like the individual core temps in HWmonitor?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:01 PM

POST ID # = 804389

I think there is an issue between software developers and AMD (or maybe Asus)? Because CPU temps are definitley wrong(in CL and HwMonitor). My CPU is at ~32°C in Bios and 6 seconds later it's at ~70°C when windows is up(IDLE, HwMonitor/CL) while it shows some strange 120°C and higer values when I'm gaming.
Also CPU usage values are wrong and do not match Taskmanagers values (not even close) - its just randomly changing between 1-100%.

Last edited by Pataxx; 09-01-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 804519

That almost sounds like an issue with your board and/or CPU.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:02 AM

POST ID # = 806571

Well, the AI Suite reports the correct temperature. I think the software dev's are using some wrong offsets to poll the CPU Temp.

Screen: https://pl.vc/5qkvj

Old 09-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Sirtolomay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 807545
Sirtolomay Reputation: 10

Personally I also think there is something up with CS and HW...CS reports my cpu at a temp of -1c and HW has it at 0c. Also both report a MB temp that is actually the cpu temp but due to the low temp reading listed on the cpu I doubt the fans will actually adjust when under load and am supposing there is actually no fix for this.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:49 AM

POST ID # = 811114

Well, would be nice if we could Pick a temp sens to create the RPM curves....
I'm overall disappointed with the Corsair AIO watercoolers. Software is Crap. Pump makes more noise than my graphics card while gaming. You have to buy extra fans if you wan't it super quiet because the stock fans are crap.
I've put the watercooler now on my secondary rig because I don't use it that much. Switched over to the Dark Rock Pro 3 on my main rig and my CPU stays cooler, it's super quiet at full load and it's 30€ cheaper than what I've payed for the watercooler (even more cheaper if I add the additonal fans I bought).
Thread can be closed. I'm done.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 811212

So unfortunately, the H80i GT, H100i GTX, and H110i GTX don't allow you to tie fan curves to anything other than cooler temp. I'm not gonna lie, we have egg on our faces for that.

However, the H80i, H100i and H110i GT do. One of those may be a better fit.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:12 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 811989
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
So unfortunately, the H80i GT, H100i GTX, and H110i GTX don't allow you to tie fan curves to anything other than cooler temp. I'm not gonna lie, we have egg on our faces for that.
Why?,with water cooled builds,its the water temp that needs controlling.

Last edited by wytnyt; 10-03-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 812355

Because the relationship between CPU temp and coolant temp isn't linear. In order for coolant to be most effective, it needs to have a larger gulf between its temperature and the temperature of the heat source.

That, and quite frankly, this was something our last generation of coolers could do, and it's something our customers want.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:30 PM
LokoChocobo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977028
LokoChocobo Reputation: 10

I am still having this same issue to date. It seem like for what ever reason it is converting the sensor readings on my motherboard CPU from Celsius into Celsius using the standard formula one would use to convert from C to Fahrenheit, and it does it again to create this OUTLANDISH number that my computer is running at 220 Fahrenheit at IDLE, which let me tell you is impossible. Is there anyway to force this to update and not do that?

Old 10-18-2018, 11:17 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977031
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokoChocobo View Post
I am still having this same issue to date. It seem like for what ever reason it is converting the sensor readings on my motherboard CPU from Celsius into Celsius using the standard formula one would use to convert from C to Fahrenheit, and it does it again to create this OUTLANDISH number that my computer is running at 220 Fahrenheit at IDLE, which let me tell you is impossible. Is there anyway to force this to update and not do that?
Ah! I don't think it's a conversion issue. I don't think that the final version of Link supports the Ryzen 2xxx series CPUs - AMD changed how they did the temp calcuations between generations, at the last minute, I seem to recall. You'd probably seen close to 100C if you switch to Celsius.

iCue should give you a correct reading.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:11 PM
ItzSean's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991677
ItzSean Reputation: 10

hello guys, im not sure if this is correct for the temps. Im looking at the CPU core temps and they are rather high for ideal??
Can someone help?

CPU core #1-4 + packet temps 80c - 90c celcius
MB temp #5 jumps from 0 to 127 celcius

The h80iGT is at 30 celcius

https://imgur.com/a/EJqTJlb
check image above^

Last edited by ItzSean; 01-28-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:50 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991755
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Your CPU temps are high for 4790K and 1.22v. The H80i GT temp is coolant temperature and that is normal suggesting the cooler is fine and you may have a contact problem between CPU and cold plate. Did you just install or remount?

Ignore the MB#5. Often when there is no sensor data or unreadable data it will give you either the min or max possible reading. 0 or 127C