Corsair Community

Controlling the HD120's 12 led fans?

Sean is Hungry

Let me start post by saying that, via rule #10 in rules section, not sure if this is the right sub forum for my question.

Okay so I just finished building my friend a pc with a 570x case and (x6) hd120 fans. His case fans are hooked up via HD led hub (all 6 slots populated). We have been controlling the leds through the 3 buttons on 570x case. He really wants to be able to control the 12leds(individually) on each fan, but I believe im correct in that he would need to hook it up to, let's say, a lighting node pro to be able to control through corsair link.

To clarify, the goal is to be able to do this all through sofftware to avoid using the buttons on the case, while also controlling the 12 leds individually. Some users may not realize that this is possible and may interpret this as just simply changing the "fans lights". An example of this would be having a static fan color of red and changing to blue; vs what we want where we could have each of the 12 leds on one fan, being each a different color

My main question is, out of the following devices, which can he hook up (to hd led hub) to be able to control any of the 12 leds, on any of his 6 hd120 fans? Through software alone that is

1. Link Lighting Node

2. Lighting Node Pro

3. Commander Mini

4. Commander Pro

1. He should get 1 x CLCP (Commander Pro) and you selected the correct section.
  2. I implemented support for the LNP in SIV and expect the CLCP will use the same protocol, my CLCPs are on the way and once they arrive I will be able to confirm this.
  3. It's possible to address each LED, but last time I checked only a total of 6 "logical LEDs" were allowed in the firmware.
  4. All the "logical LEDs" on the same port must have the same number of "physical LEDs".
  5. In CL4 it's only possible to have a "logical LED" that is 10/12 "physical LEDs", but I managed to make other mappings work, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=897164
  6. At some stage I plan to directly ask the CL4 manager for firmware that supports > 6 "logical LEDs", but feel 72 would be too many.
  7. As SIV can make the LNP do things CL4 can't hopefully Corsair will update CL4 to "catch up".
  8. Note it's only possible/sensible to get CLCPs and LNPs.

Thank you so much for your detailed response!! There are some things I need to ask still;

1. What is siv?

2. So through using a LNP, you're saying in siv you can control leds? I looked at your link so that seems to be what you're taking about but I just wanted to check

3. What is a logical led, vs a physical one? (I'm guessing I know what a physical one is haha)

Edit: also it's his rig so since I'm not able to test any of this I'm having to make up for that by asking more questions, so again., thank you!

Thank you so much for your detailed response!! There are some things I need to ask still;

1. What is siv?

2. So through using a LNP, you're saying in siv you can control leds? I looked at your link so that seems to be what you're taking about but I just wanted to check

3. What is a logical led, vs a physical one? (I'm guessing I know what a physical one is haha)

Edit: also it's his rig so since I'm not able to test any of this I'm having to make up for that by asking more questions, so again., thank you!

1. I am at a loss as to why you did not see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665
  2. Yes SIV can do this. Currently I am awaiting CLCPs and once I get them I will add support to SIV for their LEDs, etc..
  3. I use the term "logical LED" to refer to what can be controlled and it could in theory contain from 1 to 72 "physical LEDs".
  4. Even if you were you don't have an LNP/CLCP so I suspect this would not help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived