Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine crashing vs Autohotkey

Platex

Hey guys, first time poster! I've got a problem.

I'm running my Corsair Scimitar mouse, macroed in the Utility Engine to the number keys in a setup that essentially copies the function of a Razer Naga.

I'm also running an AHK script that counts holding down the number keys as pressing the buttons 10 times a second, primarily for Carpel tunnel prevention while gaming in World of Warcraft, with the added benefit of min-maxing DPS through minimising casting downtime between globals.

The problem is, that the Utility Engine seems to struggle to handle this. I've been doing this for several months now, and have experienced multiple different screwups, including but not limited to:

* Windows Mouse and Keyboard Centre crashing

* Scimitar buttons suddenly spamming themselves even when not depressed

* Increasingly slow response from the Mouse when moving between depressed keys

* Utility Engine straight-up crashing

* Mouse keys become vastly less responsive than keyboard keys (shown on in-game latency bars also, which is strange - like the Engine macros are a harder strain on processing power). When I press the keyboard keys instead of the mouse macros, there is no delay.

In the majority of these situations, restarting the Utility Engine helps, but it doesn't always solve it - the issues stop when it's disabled, but often return when restarted - and of course, the mouse is near-useless when Utility Engine isn't running.

To be clear: I am holding down the buttons on the Corsair Mouse, macroed to keyboard number keys, which when depressed are then being considered spammed via Autohotkey.

Any ideas on how to fix the problems I am having with Utility Engine?

-- I used to use a Naga (bought the Corsair to move away from it) with the AHK script, and never had a single issue. The AHK script works perfectly, and is not the problem.

I'm using a i7-4790 processor, my PC is decent, I'm not running this stuff on a potato.

Archived