Corsair Community

Carbide SPEC-DELTA RGB - Problem to connect FANS

Shinyy

Hello.

Need some information about this case and fans there.

Only when start to build pc on that case I found those Fans https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Carbide-SPEC-DELTA-RGB-%2B12V-RGB-Fan%2C-120mm%2C-1300-RPM/p/CC-8900322 have two cables each.

3x 3pin conectors +

3x cables for rgb's (adapter from 3 to 1 and extra cable)

Pluged fans just with 3pin conectors, looks like I dont have header for rgb on my motherboard - Asrock B85M Pro4

In one thread I read

"to no plug this 4pin conector from rgb's to 3/4pin slots on motherboard to not destroy fans, that is not rgb header"

In other

"they are normal analog 4pin non-adressable" (whatever it means)

I should not,

but tried to conect rgb cable 4pin to 4pin slot on motherboard, they start to light red colour.

My question is how conect this lights in my setup?

My motherboard is not compatible with rgb fans?

What kind adapter/controller need to conect fans+rgb but not for millions? (Just paid for case 75euro, don't have next 60euro for controller)

Don't use mobo 3/4pin conectors for rgb lights?

I already regret purchase, but I should read more before buy

Those fans use the standard 4-pin, 12V analog RGB connector that you'll find on Intel 200 series (Kaby Lake) motherboards and higher. They won't work on your motherboard. You may be able to find a 3rd party controller out there as these connections are quite common.

Part of the confusion with these was that they are completely different from the rest of the Corsair RGB fan lineup in that they don't use the Corsair RGB controllers.

Hi everyone, I hope someone will be able to shed light on some information I'm after.

Basically, I have just purchased a PC from a well known PC making company (not sure if I'm allowed to say names?) all kitted and fitted for me there and then, mainly because I have no clue about building PCs. It came with a Corsair SPEC-DELTA case, 3 rgb fans in the front and one inside the pc which I assume is part of the internal cooling system. My main question is, how do I change the colours of my fans? At the moment they are yellow, and I want them to change colour like my 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit, I've searched youtube on videos and stuff and most of what im finding is all about when youre building the pc from scratch, this came premade so I am at a loss here, can anyone help me out? And try to dumb it down for the muggle over here :laughing:

I have listed below what came with the PC;

9th Generation Intel i5 9400F 2.9GHz Six Core Processor

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit

2TB SATA Hard Drive

Novatech Build Stock 240GB NVME M.2 Solid State Drive

Nvidia GTX 1660TI 6GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

CORSAIR TX550M 550W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

Gigabyte Z390 UD LGA 1151 Z390 Chipset ATX Motherboard

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

300Mbps 802.11n Wireless-N PCIe Adapter

The stock fans with that case would be controlled by the motherboard RGB header - so you'd need to use Gigabyte's RGB Fusion software.

However, with that said, there's no telling how the "well known PC making company" actually set it up. So if you run RGB Fusion and it doesn't do it ... you need to talk to them. TBH, we've seen some pretty horrific misconfigurations from "well known PC making companies" around here before. I'm not saying that yours is or is not misconfigured - just that it's possible.

I should mention that I was given a few cables on purchase of said PC that I've no idea what to do with, also I have managed to get Fusion to work, and its only picking up my DDRM's and not the fans in the front, I have also just noticed a strange orange/yellow glow of strips at the back behind all the components??

Fusion won't show them as fans but as a configuration for a channel on the motherboard. As for the cables - without any pictures, we've got no way to tell you. Seriously - you need to talk to your system builder. They should be able to tell you this right off the bat. That is part of what you pay them for.

• 11 months later...

As Devbiker has already pointed out mate, you *do* really need to talk to your system builder here. Without knowing exactly what they've done, we are really guessing as to what the right answer may be - and that honestly isn't going to help you. You've paid a premium for this build service and your question is a completely legitimate one so you should feel OK putting it to them. If they aren't forthcoming with an answer that you understand, then you have a different problem to solve !!

I had a quick look on the Corsair site for that case and I couldn't see any details about the fans that it comes with, but it did say that the case was NOT iCue enabled. iCue being Corsair's software for controlling fans and RGB. Possibly the fans they provided are only single colour and not actually RGB? I don't know! It is conceivable that your builder has used fans different to what Corsair supply with the case - which is another argument why you really need to push back on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Will the lighting pro and fan hub from corsair control the fans in the Spec-Delta case? I can't find details on them. I can get them to light up with Gigabyte software with limited control. I wonder if when they say the case is "not Icue enabled" it just means they don't don't have a controller. I have the Lighting pro 4 strip kit installed, just wondering if I should get the corsair fan hub?

Will the lighting pro and fan hub from corsair control the fans in the Spec-Delta case? I can't find details on them. I can get them to light up with Gigabyte software with limited control. I wonder if when they say the case is "not Icue enabled" it just means they don't don't have a controller. I have the Lighting pro 4 strip kit installed, just wondering if I should get the corsair fan hub?

Hey bud - I answered on the thread you created. It's best to keep it there than to post in other's threads.