Corsair Community

ram recommendation for my system?

charbel1011

i have the i9 9900k, aorus master z390 gygabyte, and evga ftw3 rtx 2080 ti. my last rams were the trident z 32 gb 3000mhz and they were giving me issues and they had errors in mem86 test. so what corsair rams 32 gb do you guys recommend that are goos by corsair? Edited by charbel1011

If you are looking for compatibility recommendations, then all you can really go on is the list or if someone else happens to have your board. If you are looking for a general recommendation, you might take a look at the Dominator RGBs. It will be a different look than Trident color band, similar to the Vengeance RGB. I have them on my Z370 and wasn't sure about the look at first, but they are fun to play with. And if you get tired of that, you can just turn them off and you have black Dominators -- that was what I really wanted.

If you are looking for compatibility recommendations, then all you can really go on is the list or if someone else happens to have your board. If you are looking for a general recommendation, you might take a look at the Dominator RGBs. It will be a different look than Trident color band, similar to the Vengeance RGB. I have them on my Z370 and wasn't sure about the look at first, but they are fun to play with. And if you get tired of that, you can just turn them off and you have black Dominators -- that was what I really wanted.

do.i need to follow the compatibiloty list for my board? my list is super limited. and doesnt include the dominator.

Not strictly necessary. Most any reputable kit should work. The problem is when there is something wrong with the system. In my experience it is often used as a quick out of troubleshooting help from the motherboard manufacturer should you have problems. They don't update those lists very often. Good chance the Dominator RGBs all came out after. Looks like the last revision for your board was Feb. 2019.

Not strictly necessary. Most any reputable kit should work. The problem is when there is something wrong with the system. In my experience it is often used as a quick out of troubleshooting help from the motherboard manufacturer should you have problems. They don't update those lists very often. Good chance the Dominator RGBs all came out after. Looks like the last revision for your board was Feb. 2019.

i hope those dominators i bought will work were gonna see tomorrow or at least fix my problem. im experiencing stuttering and fps drops in games with rtx 2080 ti and i9 9900k. tried every troubleshooting step possible inclusing reformating my windows and that didnt fix it. those fps dops cause a freeze for 0.5 sec which is very annoying and i know for a fact that dropping 2-3 fps wont affect or makes you feel anything. so i tried mem86 and i got 4 errors. so we gonna see. and i had the g skill trident z. so i made the switch to corsair.

i hope those dominators i bought will work were gonna see tomorrow or at least fix my problem. im experiencing stuttering and fps drops in games with rtx 2080 ti and i9 9900k. tried every troubleshooting step possible inclusing reformating my windows and that didnt fix it. those fps dops cause a freeze for 0.5 sec which is very annoying and i know for a fact that dropping 2-3 fps wont affect or makes you feel anything. so i tried mem86 and i got 4 errors. so we gonna see. and i had the g skill trident z. so i made the switch to corsair.

Bad ram will cause that issue, but out of curiosity what game is it you are having the hitches in? Asking because if its E:D get used to those. FDev tends to bless us with that issue every semi-major and major update. And G.Skilll has good ram.

Oh and i was looking at the AORUS Master recently myself but was seeing way too many people having issues with them. So back to ASUS I went.

Bad ram will cause that issue, but out of curiosity what game is it you are having the hitches in? Asking because if its E:D get used to those. FDev tends to bless us with that issue every semi-major and major update. And G.Skilll has good ram.

Oh and i was looking at the AORUS Master recently myself but was seeing way too many people having issues with them. So back to ASUS I went.

yes i was a fan of g skill before and im still one. all my old builds had g skill and no problem. its just im having these problem on the new build. and aorus master is a very solid board for overclocking and heat while asus failed with that part. anyway im gonna test the new ram tomorrow. if they give me any error with mem86 test again my next target will be the motherboard. probably the memory controllee ia faulty and ill try to rma the board. and if i still have problems im gonna rma the cpu and the gpu. and im gonna go from there. because with i9 9900k and rtx 2080 ti and 32 gb of ram this is unacceptable. and beside i know fps drop is normal in all games but when you drop 2-3 fps u are not supposed to feel anything wrong with the game or any kind of hitches. so we're going to see.

oh the game.im having trouble with are battlefield v and battlefield 1 and pubg and other games as well. and whats funny is those fps drops and hitches happen randomly like something ticks off in the system. im guessing the rams are over heating.

What are your temps on the RAM if you know? Been a long time since I had to look this stuff up but I seem to recall even 80°C being fine for ram. Don't take me on that one since my memory is hazy in that time frame...I blame the drinking.

What are your temps on the RAM if you know? Been a long time since I had to look this stuff up but I seem to recall even 80°C being fine for ram. Don't take me on that one since my memory is hazy in that time frame...I blame the drinking.

yes i know that too. and my case is the corsair 570x and im running 6 additional corsair fans. so my cooling is excellent. there must be something else going on. because its driving me crazy. imagine u drop 2 fps every 10 seconds. and then u have a freeze for 0.2 0.5 sec for every fps drop u get espcially its not a big fps drop. i tried like i said reformatting my pc, turning off xbox dvr, cleaning memory cashe with a program that does it automaticly, turning off startup programs, limiting my fps and set up g sync properly the right way. using DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers and clean install them. helped a little bur still same problem. i mean what else could it be? if im good with sofrware side its probably hardware. and since my memory gave me errors do thats the first key for the fix. i dont pay attention to ram's temp at all.

I went from a 270+ on max settings in E:D to barely 30 in the last April update. And that's 30fps with everything bottomed out. Should have seen the teeth gnashing on the forums for that one. Didn't bug me too much since I had just gotten back from the Distant Worlds 2 trip and needed a break.

As for whatever it could be, just for kicks have you tried disabling all your OCing if you have any and see if that helps? Also are you able to test the GPU in another system? I've been in the boat of replace and try until you find the trouble child and it sucks. Hope you get it working and update us when you track down the problem, could help someone else :)

I went from a 270+ on max settings in E:D to barely 30 in the last April update. And that's 30fps with everything bottomed out. Should have seen the teeth gnashing on the forums for that one. Didn't bug me too much since I had just gotten back from the Distant Worlds 2 trip and needed a break.

As for whatever it could be, just for kicks have you tried disabling all your OCing if you have any and see if that helps? Also are you able to test the GPU in another system? I've been in the boat of replace and try until you find the trouble child and it sucks. Hope you get it working and update us when you track down the problem, could help someone else :)

update: i just got my new ram dominators and i fixed the whole hiccups fps drops in games my games are smooth as buttter