Corsair Community

K70 Lux Reboots weird after iCue Update to 3.6.109

mfeinstein

My K70 Lux was working just fine, then I updated Windows 10 and rebooted the PC. As soon as the PC restarted I got a notification saying there was an update from iCue, so I installed it.

After the update my keyboard behaves as if the Left Arrow is stuck and Windows Button is blocked, it only starts to behave normally if I disconnect the keyboard from the USB and reconnect it again. But as soon as I restart my PC, the keyboard starts to behave weird again.

Please fix the iCue update

Ok, this was a bit confusing, but I apparently solved it, so I will leave the solution in here for anyone that might get this.

I am using my K70 Lux with my laptop. The laptop is flipped to the other way, so the laptop's keyboard is facing the table. Usually this isn't a problem, since the laptop knows it's flipped and it's onboard keyboard should be ignored. But for some reason the laptop's keyboard wasn't being ignored and there was a constant keypress.

I don't know if the iCue update triggered this, or the Windows Update I did, but only when I reconnect the K70 USB my Dell will ignore it's keyboard (if turned-on already flipped, if it was flipped already on, it would detect the flip and ignore the keyboard automatically).

So it's just a matter of moving the laptop a bit to release it's keys or to unflip it and then flip it again.

I know how this sounds ridiculous, but it worked all the time and some updated changed this default behavior.

Archived