Corsair Community

New Link Software 2.4.5065

Zind Tokay

The main Corsair site is showing a new Corsair Link version 2.4.5065. Does anyone know how this version differs to the Beta version 2.4.4948?

http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-link/corsair-link-kits/corsair-link-cooling-and-lighting-kit.html

Many thanks

i think before updating a good working system,one should check on exactly whats different,too many times people update under the premise that newer is better and it isnt always so...

i think before updating a good working system,one should check on exactly whats different,too many times people update under the premise that newer is better and it isnt always so...

You are absolutely right pal!!! Thanks for the great advice. But to me, life is really too short to keep waiting. I have supported Corsair products well enough and I GOT TO trust them that they bring improvements every time with their software. If things don't really turn well, I will just re-install the beta version....

So far, the software is working well... crashed once after its installation.. (which have not happened to me before). I suspect there might be software conflicts. It's best you guys don't download it first and wait for the release notes.

Cheers!

No idea what it has fixed and what new bugs it has introduced, and I don't think anyone at Corsair does either. How can you release software like this? I can imagine the meeting where this policy was decided. Hey let's just throw it out there and see how people like it without telling them anything about it. Round the table, everyone murmuring sounds OK to me. Corsair - great products, lousy documentation. There are long established and simple procedures of how software should be developed, bugs and enhancements prioritized, the documentation required with a release being completed etc. etc.

I assume to install this I will need to first delete all profiles and uninstall the previous version.

Sorry for the rant but I have written, analyzed and managed software development since we used coding sheets and punched cards. The underlying principles of how to do it efficiently have not changed over the years.

Running Win 7 ultimate,

On a quick inspection now shows me all my drive temps (added Toshiba and Hitachi), but doesn't allow me to tell which of the new ones are which, all 3 just show up as 'Disk Drive'. Apart from that I can see nothing else that has changed.

Better than the last version for me as I can at least see my drive temps.

I have written, analyzed and managed software development since we used coding sheets and punched cards.

a skill such as this should make using and understanding the link software a walk in the park,,for some it can be very complicated and quite perplexing...

a skill such as this should make using and understanding the link software a walk in the park,,for some it can be very complicated and quite perplexing...

You've been full of excuses and defending this software with user error since launch. I wish you would tone down and stop being a Corsair Fanboy on this forum and let people rant/vent their issues so Corsair hears about them.

On the main point, I am completely surprised there was no announcement or release on the forums of the updated software. Would like to know what changes/updates there are as well.

You've been full of excuses and defending this software with user error since launch. I wish you would tone down and stop being a Corsair Fanboy on this forum and let people rant/vent their issues so Corsair hears about them.

On the main point, I am completely surprised there was no announcement or release on the forums of the updated software. Would like to know what changes/updates there are as well.

i suppose to you if i were like some and not only express my concerns/aggravation/expectations regarding a product but come here repeatedly,daily/weekly and jump from post to post ranting time and time again ,this to you would be acceptable?,,

you tire of my fanboy approach but i also tire of the ranters which unlike myself being only one person as they are many more than just myself

btw,i prefer fanman as im older than a 'boy';):

and fyi,i was actually giving grahamb a compliment regarding his skills but you chose to perceive it in a condescending perspective as would a ranter

Well, for the record, as those of us that have perfectly working systems, my 2.4.4948 is just perking along. I have the cooling and the lighting Nodes, and they work as advertised.

On "rare" occasions upon boot up, my display does not reflect the layout I've saved in a profile. By "rare" I mean maybe once a month. When this happens I just close Corsair Link and re-open it. It is as if Corsair Link burped in reading the profile. I can live with that.

I religiously read this forum several times a day, and interject when I can to assist others, but I think I can count on one hand the number of users that report success. And based on sales, I would be curious to know the percentage of people that have problems. I bet it is miniscual.

RodeoGeorge

PS. You can check me in as a FanMan.

Not really, we provided things like release notes saying what had changed, lists of bugs still present but not yet fixed, compatibility guides (this release requires xx firmware in yy or later) and instruction manuals updated where required. Without those or access to the internal development documentation I am just as much in the dark as everyone else, try it and see is the only approach possible.

I am new to the Corsair h100i club and have been using version v2.3.4816 I tried to reinstall it and still had a few start up glitches and my 4770k doesn't show up. I think this is a noted issue here though. I was pleasantly surprised to see an update and it fixed a couple issues I had. The crash upon start up, and the disappearing dock on the right. I really like the new deeper grey color scheme too. Anyways good day.

• Corsair Employee

First thing you cannot update or upgrade the software, you will need to delete any saved profiles and then uninstall the old version and restart then install the latest version and I would suggest installing it in Admin Mode.

And the CPU detection issue for Haswell and some of the AMD CPU's appears to be a Net framework issue not our software. Just make sure that you run Windows update and do all of the optional updates that pertain to Net Frame work.

First thing you cannot update or upgrade the software, you will need to delete any saved profiles and then uninstall the old version and restart then install the latest version and I would suggest installing it in Admin Mode.

And the CPU detection issue for Haswell and some of the AMD CPU's appears to be a Net framework issue not our software. Just make sure that you run Windows update and do all of the optional updates that pertain to Net Frame work.

After running the computer for a while, the Corsair Link has stopped working error occurs. I can't do anything about it except to restart computer..

thats just it,those that have good working units have no reason to frequent a support board

every place that sells these units have nearly 90% favorable rate so obviously its a good product.

Yes, and on reflection I am happy! I bought Link and the lighting and cooling kit, the concept is great and apart from a few bugs, which to be fair affects all modern software, it works and does what I expected it to.

My only frustration is the lack of documentation, bug lists, instructions, easy way to check firmware revisions etc etc

And for example that a new release can appear at any time, with no indication of what has changed, these are all software management and release issues and really have nothing to do with the functionality and use of the software and associated hardware.

<snip>easy way to check firmware revisions

Options -> Devices -> Expand any device (the little circle-arrow)

AFAIK:

H80i/H100i should be 1.0.7 (shipped as 1.0.5 or 1.0.0)

H80/H100 should be 1.2.8 (shipped as 1.0.13 and 1.0.18)

Cooling Node should be 1.2.11 (shipped as 1.1.12)

Lighting Node should be 1.1.9 (same as shipped)

USB Commander should be 2.0.7 (shipped as 1.1.9)

Corsair Link should make software updating a lot less painful than it is at present. Hopefully this gets streamlined in the next version.

Options -> Devices -> Expand any device (the little circle-arrow)

AFAIK:

H80i/H100i should be 1.0.7 (shipped as 1.0.5 or 1.0.0)

H80/H100 should be 1.2.8 (shipped as 1.0.13 and 1.0.18)

Cooling Node should be 1.2.11 (shipped as 1.1.12)

Lighting Node should be 1.1.9 (same as shipped)

USB Commander should be 2.0.7 (shipped as 1.1.9)

Corsair Link should make software updating a lot less painful than it is at present. Hopefully this gets streamlined in the next version.

the updating of software/firmware should be done only if the user is experiencing a issue and if upgrading is decided ,proper attention should be taken towards the footnotes of a particular update to insure it addresses the issues your experiencing...

as said,newer isnt always better..

the updating of software/firmware should be done only if the user is experiencing a issue and if upgrading is decided ,proper attention should be taken towards the footnotes of a particular update to insure it addresses the issues your experiencing...

as said,newer isnt always better..

I agree, but where do you find the footnotes, or for that matter the firmware updates?, got mine by spending half an hour searching the forums for links.

Archived