Corsair Community

Additional Squaretrade Warranty Worth?

kendrick1980

Hey guys,

About to be the proud owner of a new Corsair One Pro, but had some concerns about whether or not to get additional warranty.

First of all I do understand that the One Pro comes with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty which from what it seems (in the forum) has been pretty helpful and receptive. I was considering buying additional warranty from Squaretrade for $300 for 4 years.

The biggest reason I want to have to warranty is

1. Protection incase something happens

2. I have very bad technical skills and could never fathom fixing a problem with my One Pro myself

3. If I had a problem with the One Pro after the two year warranty would a local PC repair shop even be able to fix it because of the unique design? Would it generally be expensive? Would Corsair be the only ones who could fix it?

The ****ty part is that it stacks with the 2 year warranty so I'm essentially double paying for the first two years.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth?

If something breaks past the 2 year warranty what do you do? Can you send it in to Corsair for repairs? Will it cost you an arm and a leg?

• Corsair Employee
Hmmmm We will take care of your unit for the first two years. I can't comment on other services' extended warranty. Though I can mention whats inside our CORSAIR ONE system for you to judge and weigh the Pros and Cons. Some of the parts are unique to the chassis. However, most of the components are standard from desktop PCs. The exception being the motherboard with a unique BIOS, and the coolers for the graphics cards. In the end, you can still rebuild a new system inside the CORSAIR ONE chassis, just not all boards will be compatible. Nor will it be as quiet but some of my colleagues have done some scrap builds. :)

Archived