Corsair Community

Problems with K55 keyboard

• Corsair Employee
We are actively looking into this issue. In the meantime, try to ensure you have ALL of the latest Windows updates. If the issue continues to persist, setup a RMA ticket and we can assist you as I'd like to get the keyboard back.

Just to echo this, my keyboard has developed the same issue. Just going through an RMA with Amazon UK. Will hopefully receive a replacement tomorrow. Mine seems to do it irrespective of whether or not the software is open. However it doesn't do it when the backlighting is turned off.

• Corsair Employee
Just to echo this, my keyboard has developed the same issue. Just going through an RMA with Amazon UK. Will hopefully receive a replacement tomorrow. Mine seems to do it irrespective of whether or not the software is open. However it doesn't do it when the backlighting is turned off.

Can you let me know if your new replacement does the same thing?

Thanks. We're still determining if its something related to firmware, software, or hardware. You can PM me your findings.

Hi, a quick update. I have the new keyboard and it seems to be working fine. I haven't installed the software yet as I think that may be causing the disconnect problem.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, a quick update. I have the new keyboard and it seems to be working fine. I haven't installed the software yet as I think that may be causing the disconnect problem.

Can you try installing the SW just to confirm?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi, last year I purchased the k55 keyboard and until now it’s been perfectly fine, today I attempted to clean the keyboard, I soaked it all in water as the forums said it was waterproof. At first it was perfectly fine after I’d dried it with a towel, but then keys became harder to press until finally the keyboard just stopped being able to type. The keyboard still turned on and the RGB still worked normally, I was just annoyed that my keyboard would occasionally click buttons for me and when I wanted to type anything it wouldn’t work! This stopped me from getting into my computer and before you ask, yes I tried multiple usb inputs that were all functioning perfectly but it still didn’t work. I do luckily have an older keyboard so if I need to get into my computer to fix this it should be easy enough. Thanks, Adam.

Archived