Corsair Community

Vengeance 8GB Blue with 8GB Black Compatable?

gkvarga

Thanks Wired, I have been reading other posts and there are plenty of statements to not mix, I can appreciate that, however one would also have to assume that there is a small liklihood that they won't work?

This is taken directly from the Corsair press release on the Blue Vengeance memory

"The striking blue color is shared with Corsair Gaming Series™ power supplies, allowing users to maintain a consistent color scheme throughout their system. Style-conscious system builders can also mix original Jet Black and new Cerulean Blue Vengeance modules for an even more dramatic look that matches their motherboard."

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but I do not see where in that statement we have stated its Okay to mix memory.

Which is as stated is not suggested or supported.

"The striking blue color is shared with Corsair Gaming Series™ power supplies, allowing users to maintain a consistent color scheme throughout their system. Style-conscious system builders can also mix original Jet Black and new Cerulean Blue Vengeance modules for an even more dramatic look that matches their motherboard."

• Corsair Employee
I see you are right :wtfeh: I suspect it was a miss-print when that was written; but we do not suggest mixing sets if you do you may have to limit the memory frequency to DDR1333 or the next lower speed grade because they are not tested together.

Archived