Corsair Community

Some questions about 600t for upcoming build

Hi I'm planning to build a PC in the near future and have decided to go with the Graphite 600t white edition case. I have a couple of questions about it regarding compatibility and other potential issues. (I haven't uploaded system specs because I'm not 100% sure yet, but likely going to be getting an x99 motherboard with the i7-5820k, with a single GTX 970, haven't decided whether to go with a standard level one or the GALAX HOF)

First, would the Corsair H105 cooler fit in the case? The tech specs for the case itself do not list this cooler, but the youtube video describing the cooler lists the case as compatible. Also, would you recommend installing the fans (I plan to replace the stock ones) as intake or exhaust? (More about fan setup below)

Also, I have heard some complaints about the front intake fan and it being noisy due to its close proximity to the front grill of the case--is this an issue that others have experienced, and if so, what can I do to alter it (likely purchasing a replacement fan)?

Additionally, in the more general fan topic, what fan setups would be ideal for cooling the case? As I mentioned above, I suppose the main question here is whether to use the top two 120mm fans as intake or exhaust, as the front will be intake and the rear with be exhaust by default/obviously.

Any help and/or experience/advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

P.S. Tentatively leaning towards the Noctua industrial black fans because I've heard some good things about them, would likely try to run them at a lower rpm (probably ~1000?) but if anyone has other suggestions for fans in this case feel free to speak up.

EDIT: Sorry perhaps this should've been posted to "cooling," "system builds" seemed fairly appropriate when I saw it...

It is VERY unlikely an h105 will fit in a 600T with any x99 motherboard due to the size of the vrm heatsink at the top of the board. No way it would fit with the fans on the inside of the case. You'd be forced to put the fans in the top under the grill if you could even manage to get the rad in with the motherboard. I would change your case choice to something like the 450D or 750D.

I have that case right now and I am happy to be on a Graphite Series™ 760T Full-Tower. The fans arrangement better. Instead of just 2 large fans you get a lot of 140mm. I think its a better case. I called tech support and one the techs uses the Graphite Series™ 760T Full-Tower. I would get another case if I were you.

Archived