Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Improvement Thread

TeslaMonger

This thread is for suggestions for Corsair wireless headset products. All of these points had been created with the idea of achieving a seemingly "perfect" line of headsets, void of flaws and the best possible choice for a broad range of customers. Things may be added/removed from this list depending on replies from users on this thread.

Feel free to post to +1 as many ideas as you agree upon.

[+1]- More intuitive power button.

May sometimes be difficult to turn on while it is on your head. Could be solved by reducing the time required to hold down the power button, changing the power button placement, or giving an audible notification when powered on.

[+0]- Lower the microphones resting position when in use.

An 2-3 additional notches would be helpful. Depending on how you like to position the headset on your head, it can sometimes be in-front of your nostrils and pick up some audio of your breathing, even when extended down as far as possible.

[+0]- Removal/fix of audio loop-back.

Regardless of whether or not it is a feature or design flaw, some users may find this annoying and it may deter future purchases.

[+0]- Option to turn off power and charging light indicators.

The blinking lights may be annoying/distracting in certain cases.

[+0]- Increased maximum microphone volume.

Currently the highest level of volume is necessary for others to listen to you comfortably. Adding some additional leeway wouldn't hurt.

[+0]- Static noise when the microphone is on and headset is plugged it.

Seems to be an issue that only occurs when having your headset charging while touching a piece of metal. Can also be triggered by having the charging wire or headset touch metal.

Possibly a manufacturing defect, may be uncommon.

[+0]- Option specify time it takes for the headset to turn off when not in use.

Would be an extremely useful option to add into the drivers.

[+1]- Rechargeable battery packs rather than (or alongside) a charging port.

Would remove the hassle of ever having a wire plugged into your headset if you could just throw in your second battery pack every time you got low on charge, but still recharge the batteries with a cord of the headset if needed.

[+1]- Hotkeys for various driver functions.

Enabling/disabling surround sound on the fly, or flipping through EQ profiles without having to tab out of your game/browser windows via the use of keyboard hotkeys that would be programmable inside the drivers. Possible alternative to dedicated buttons located on the ear cups.

[+0]- Detachable or retractable microphone.

Entirely for aesthetic purposes. If an auxiliary 3.5mm input was added on in a future revision, this could open up a broader market (for those who travel with headphones).

[+0]- Active noise cancellation.

Always a desirable feature in headsets. Could have a software/hardware button to turn on and off this feature and also could be powered through a secondary battery (?), allowing the headset to maintain its 10 hour battery length.

[+0]- Pure metal construction

It seems as if that high-quality wireless gaming headsets are a rarity nowadays, as all of them have some sort of major issue. Most of the existing wireless gaming headsets have one primary issue in common, poor build quality. I would assume a gaming headset with an exceptional feature set in addition to a sturdy build to be a great hit in the $170-$200 price bracket.

[+0]- Daisy-chaining capabilities

The vengeance skew could easily be turned into the ideal home theater headset by allowing this feature. I would assume it to work either over a shared 3.5mm analog connector or do something similar to phones using Wi-Fi hotspot technology, but perhaps with Bluetooth 4.0 due to its low power requirements. This would be in place of using multiple headsets to connect to a single USB dongle.

[+0]- Viewable battery percentage from Windows

It would be an extremely convenient feature to be able to precisely check how much battery is left in your headset without a rather ambiguous beep when battery is low. If this feature is enabled, it would be appreciated to see the capability to turn the low-battery beep feature off, and possible include a task bar notifications to point to low battery.

[+0]- Curved/contoured USB cable

This is purely to determine whether or not you are plugging in your Micro-USB charging cable in properly without having to take your headset off. It is frequent to see users struggle to determine whether or not the charging cable is facing the correct way, which may potentially damage the charging port on the headset over time, thus increasing RMA rates.

*Add-ons, Accessories, and Additional Luxuries

[+1]- Headset carrying bag, preferably hard-material for traveling/storing purposes

[+0]- 2 sided charging port design

[+1]- Included headset hanging bracket, for hanging on a case side panel or wall.

[+0]- Wireless connectivity on both ear-cups rather than just the left. Could potentially increase the maximum range in real world scenarios without having to face one direction the entire time.

[+0]- AUX 3.5mm input located on the headset for iPod/media-player/PC sound card connectivity

*Removed/finished

[Removed 12/17/12]- Connectivity of multiple headsets from one USB dongle

[Finished 3/27/13] Removal of Xear surround sound.

[Finished 3/27/13] Renaming of the "Bypass" button in the driver.

[Finished 3/27/13] Recognition as a 7.1 headset in Windows.

[Finished 9/2/13] Reinforcement of the left and right ear-cups.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with some of these changes but some are limitations (like shared connectivity). I look forward to what others may suggest.

Then how about having multiple headsets plugged in, controlled by Corsair drivers, both playing back the same audio?

That sounds perfectly feasible to me, is that a possibility?

• Corsair Employee
The only way I've seen simultaneous output is from my ASUS board (P8Z68-V Pro) with it's onboard audio being able to send an output through the rear speaker jack and the front audio jack. I've never seen though 1 source = two separate outputs.

Well I know for a fact its possible to have two sources streaming to two individual devices. Why can't we create software that emulate that? Take all audio playback going through one source, convert it into two audio streams, then play back to two devices through different two dongles? In theory, it makes sense.

First of all they could give a statement about what they have thought of.

Just anything at all... Will they do something radical in the "win 8 update" or just upgrade the "old" software to the win 8 platform??

The "we are working on it" answer is so old and to me it sounds like a politician just before the election trying to lead the attention away from a bad topic. "We are working on it" is usually the answer you give people when u cant really fix it, but is to afraid to say it... and then you pull the time till someone might create some sort of e.g software you can implement.

Im sorry for being so "annoying" with this RAM, but i really cant belive you when u say "no new information" when we have heard nothing new for so many months -.- You might not know anything new, but there must CERTAINLY be someone at corsair who knows.

• Corsair Employee
First of all they could give a statement about what they have thought of.

Just anything at all... Will they do something radical in the "win 8 update" or just upgrade the "old" software to the win 8 platform??

The "we are working on it" answer is so old and to me it sounds like a politician just before the election trying to lead the attention away from a bad topic. "We are working on it" is usually the answer you give people when u cant really fix it, but is to afraid to say it... and then you pull the time till someone might create some sort of e.g software you can implement.

Im sorry for being so "annoying" with this RAM, but i really cant belive you when u say "no new information" when we have heard nothing new for so many months -.- You might not know anything new, but there must CERTAINLY be someone at corsair who knows.

Please do not derail the thread. You have posted many times on this. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do. I can tell you "we are working on it" is NOT "this is a ploy to get people off of our backs." However, as you all know, information can only be shared when it is available and ready to be made public. I don't mind your frustration but continuously posting to ask for information I do not have/cannot share is not going to change anything. When there are any updates, it'll be made public for everyone to know.

The only way I've seen simultaneous output is from my ASUS board (P8Z68-V Pro) with it's onboard audio being able to send an output through the rear speaker jack and the front audio jack. I've never seen though 1 source = two separate outputs.

I looked around and it's already been done on the RS 110, you could use the reciever that comes with that to power your RS 110 and HDR 120 at the same time.

"Supports the use of multiple headphones receiving the RF signal from one transmitter (use HDR 120)"

So yes, two wireless headphones could go off one receiver.

Hi all

As improvement it will be perfect that windows could read this headset as a 7.1 audio device.

Bought this one to replace a 7.1 roccat Kulo and I'm confused.

In game there is no way to pinpoint anything with Xear drivers and without the sound is just ><.

My old headset was also an emulated 7.1 and was recognised as well by windows.

Now , when I listen 5.1 music in VLC or play battlefield 3, just got Right/left channels but no direction for the rest (It's even more true with 5.1 music).

I've read in a closed thread that Corsair needed time to work on this (one locked in november).

Ok but last drivers for this baby are from 05/15/12 so almost 8 month and still not even a "we are looking for a solution".

I saw in another thread that "the headset was working as intended". I read all explanation from RAM GUY on how is well working Xear to emulate 7.1.

So, I'm not an expert but, how does the hell this driver can know, from a stereo source (as it's recognize as a stereo headset), what came from behind/front/sides channels?

I'm sorry if I'm rude but at least tell us that someone in corsair's audio department work on something to fix this PLEASE.

To stay in the thread lines there's 2 points, I think, that need to be improved:

-To be recognized by windows as 7.1 audio device

-Have more options for surround (as in the 1500 software wich is quite full one).

Cause in despite of this this is the best quality headset I have ever had in stereo (hope it will be the best in 7.1 soon with a fix).

Sorry for the bad english (I'm french><) and I hope hearing from Corsair soon for these improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

definitely +9000 on the crack issue. IMO the "strain" the headset is suffering when someone is wearing it is not distributed well around the headset. the strain is focused on the two points of the headset (where the crack is).

Now that I think about it, my A4tech HU-111 also broke like this, and how strikingly similar they are to V2000. The suspect here IMO is either in the joint area (between earcup and headband) or the "arm" holding the earcup.

Oh, I forgot...

There's no way to remove the blue cloth in the earcup. I'd like to wash it since it's full of... let's just say yellow bile. But I can't remove it.

Man, first of all, how in the world did you get this "yellow bile" inside of your earcups? Also, having the blue cloth be removable isn't practical for Corsair, nor the consumer. The blue cloth in held in place by glue, so putting it back in place would run the risk of getting glue into the speakers or drivers. This would only be possible if Corsair went for a "flat" approach to the design of that piece of the headset. The current design is for both compensation of the ears being curved forward, and possibly aesthetic appeal. I'll jot it down on the list anyways, though, as it is completely possible for them to slant the entire surface, rather than having an indentation on a flat surface.

No, even if you could do that, it's not like your ears will be 100% cleaned. There will always be earwax left in your ear. accumulate that and 6 months later your headset will change color to yellow. Yuck.

And it's not recommended to clean your ears with cotton buds everyday as this damages your ears itself.

sorry but I don't have a digicam. And I went to the local store where I bought it, returned the headset to them (for warranty purposes) and they're probably contacting Corsair in some way if they'll replace the said headset due to the crack on the sides. So yeah I don't have it with me anymore.

I don't know man. maybe its really just me. I always take a good shower before I go to game mode. I don't know anymore :X

another suggestion then.

a "hook" to place the headset by. because sometimes I use the headset as an emergency makeshift speaker whenever visitors came by (though rarely).

Archived