Corsair Community

SP2500 update problem

marangoni

Hello, I recently purchased the Corsair SP2500 speakers, which sound great!

I went online to download the SP2500 Update Installer, but for some reason the install fails every time.

I have attached a screenshot of my issue.

The download instructions on the corsair website get cut off in both my IE9 and Firefox browsers, so I am unable to read the full instructions.

Someone please help, I just want the software to be installed!

failed.PNG.0e31f4059c5195ee0dd5ea6651fc000c.PNG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried running as administrator, and have used Internet Explorer.

Both "run" and save" options for the installer give me this error. I've been getting it directly from the corsair website. Here is the link I have been using:

http://www.corsair.com/pc-computer-audio/pc-computer-speakers/gaming-audio-series-sp2500-high-power-2-1-pc-speaker-system.html

We are currently working to have the instructions viewable on the website product page.

It does require a Mini USB cable for the update.

The system does not come with a Mini USB cable. Can we use any Mini USB cable?

Also, is there actually an update for it?

UPDATE: Tried updating it with a mini usb cable attatched. It still gives the same results. "The Installation failed. Please try again later"

The system does not come with a Mini USB cable. Can we use any Mini USB cable?

Also, is there actually an update for it?

UPDATE: Tried updating it with a mini usb cable attatched. It still gives the same results. "The Installation failed. Please try again later"

I also tried updating with a mini USB cable with the same failed results.

Surely there must be a way to get this program installed?

I have successfully installed it but it only fixed two japanese characters.....

So i dont think you guys have anything to lose by not installing it.

What did you do to have it installed? Can you please explain step by step?

I'd still really like to install it in case any future updates are released.

I think the one thing you guys forgot to do is make sure your speaker is turned off when you connect the cable both to your speaker and your computer USB port.Only after that should you turn it on.It will then say "USB cable connected" or something.After that,start the installer and just follow the instructions.It should work as that's exactly what I did. :)

EDIT:I would suggest you guys to first uninstall the SP2500 updater if you have installed it.The reason is because it would first install the USB drivers from STMicroelectronics before proceeding to the firmware update.If not,it will be stuck at "waiting for device".connect the cables,turn on the device,start the installer,and go on from there.

I think the one thing you guys forgot to do is make sure your speaker is turned off when you connect the cable both to your speaker and your computer USB port.Only after that should you turn it on.It will then say "USB cable connected" or something.After that,start the installer and just follow the instructions.It should work as that's exactly what I did. :)

EDIT:I would suggest you guys to first uninstall the SP2500 updater if you have installed it.The reason is because it would first install the USB drivers from STMicroelectronics before proceeding to the firmware update.If not,it will be stuck at "waiting for device".connect the cables,turn on the device,start the installer,and go on from there.

Still no go after following what you have recommended. Still stopped at the installing part.

I just wonder if the support here read our mails?

RAM GUY - Maybe you can offer more useful help then letting us know multiple times that we need to connect the device to the computer via mini USB to USB. Next, are you going to tell us to make sure our computer is on?

Speaking of which, the product DOES come with a mini usb to usb cable.

Anyway, maybe the issue is the software is incompatible with 64bit ver. of windows 7. I will try installing on windows xp (32 bit) tomorrow.

RAM GUY - Maybe you can offer more useful help then letting us know multiple times that we need to connect the device to the computer via mini USB to USB. Next, are you going to tell us to make sure our computer is on?

Speaking of which, the product DOES come with a mini usb to usb cable.

Anyway, maybe the issue is the software is incompatible with 64bit ver. of windows 7. I will try installing on windows xp (32 bit) tomorrow.

Work fine on windows XP 32 bit

lol I guess I am imagining the cable that I took out of the box and used to connect the controller to my PC.

But anyway, it works on windows XP 32 bit. So the issue seems to be trying to install the software on a 64bit version of Windows 7.

Can corsair tech support confirm this?

I just noticed right now. The cable I pulled out of the box has the 'Motorola' logo on it. I think I purchased a set that was previously purchased, returned to Canada Computers with the cable inside the box, re-packaged, and put back out on display.

So yeah, the cable is not supposed to come with the set. I apologize if this has confused anyone.

Either way, this has nothing to do with the actual problem.

So, I've tried using the update software on 5 different computers and with the exception of one of them, I ended up with the same results= "The installation failed. Please try again later." The four systems that resulted with the failed message are all running Win7 64-bit. The one exception was an older laptop that is running the Windows 8 Developer Preview 32-bit, and it finished the install but said that there wasn't any SP2500 device that could be updated. So I'm still left without an updated device at the moment. It seems that this issue is indeed related to 64-bit OS's.

Archived