Corsair Community

K90 Revision Plans

Hi all,

First post here, hopefully of many. Anyway, my trusty G11 just kicked the bucket after over three years of service and I'm in the market for a new keyboard.

I'm really liking the K90. It's got everything I want of it, many of the features that other keyboards don't have - backlighting, macros, UK layout, and dedicated media keys. The only thing wrong with it? Switches. I've used blacks before, and compared to blues (that I've also used) I'm not really a fan. Ideally, I'd like browns though, because the blues are a bit on the loud side.

Are there any plans in the works to release a K90 with different switch types? I have to believe that I'm not the only one interested in this (I did have a look around, and I couldn't see it asked before). I'm itching to buy a new keyboard, and I'd really rather not have to go with something else, as I really love dedicated media keys (I used them all the time on my G11) but at the same time I don't think I could get used to the red switches; I just didn't find them nice to type on at all.

Other side-note for possible revisions: I actually don't mind that not all the keys are mechanical. If there was a fully mechanical version out, I'd pay the higher price for it though. I would submit that if you're planning on another partially mechanical keyboard though that you include the Escape and Delete keys in the mechanical section, as they are used quite a lot.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

TL;DR - Is there a brown or blue switch K90 planned for release any time soon?

Archived