Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE issues

GregMcDude

​Hi,

I recently purchased this cooler but I only managed to install it yesterday. At first I had the constant disconnect and reconnect issue, which I bypassed by using a different USB cable that I routed outside to a port in the back of the case.

​However yesterday I encountered some flickering and fan stopping, but I managed to fix it, by using a USB2 port instead of a USB3 (I know, my bad).

However, after setting up a custom fan curve in iCUE, I wasn't able to apply it to the fans. The same goes to the pre-installed fan curves as well, the speed of the fans are constantly changing from low to high, and if I select Balanced or Extreme, the fans start spinning like crazy and the leds are starting to flicker and the fans just stop and they don't move until I select Quiet mode again. The pump is working fine though (I think..). It does makes some noise in quiet (scratching hdd noise) and balanced mode (hdd read/write noise), but with extreme it's fine. I'm still testing it for a couple of days to see if it's just air bubbles or a faulty pump. The temps are fine as well.

iCUE is showing the wrong speeds, because the fans are running between 5000 and 60000 RPM, and I don't think that's possible. Did anyone encounter this issue before? I did restart the service, re-installed iCUE and even force update the firmware on the cooler. Do I need to RMA it?

If it helps, the specs of my system are the following:

Mobo: MSI B350M Mortar Artic

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8 Ghz voltage is 1.325V

Memory: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2933 MHZ at 1.35V

GPU: Asus Rog Strix 1080 Ti

PSU: Corsair TX650 v2

Edited by GregMcDude

Are you running any other monitoring tools? In particular HWInfo?

I don't have HWInfo installed, however I do have HWMonitor portable, Asus GPU Tweak and Aura Control for the GPU and MSI Gaming app for the rgb header on the motherboard installed. None of them are running though.

I also updated the firmware on the cooler today through iCUE to 1.01.15, but that didn't fix any of the issues I'm having.

At the moment I'm on quiet mode, the fans seems to be spinning normally, but the RPM's are really high.

icuerpm.thumb.png.504e752a53b73d1f58b958e11eca7948.png

Edited by GregMcDude

The portable version of HWiNFO is essential, but you also need to exclude the Corsair devices in the monitoring table. They should be red "X" on the device as the disable. (right click). Wow, those Platinum fans really are high speed. Dentist drill like almost.

Restart the PC or kill all the Corsair services and app and re-launch after closing out HWiNFO.