Corsair Community

Mouse choice

HollowHalls

The rubber coating on the scimitar mouse detoriates very fast in like 6 months it will have lots of scratches.

I've had mine for longer than 6 months and I had no issues. I use it daily a lot too being a coder, and I use it even more in the weekend to game.

What did not work on the Scimitar?

Hi mate,

It's not the mouse itself, mechanically it seems fine. It seems to be more a reliability issue with the software. The much reported loss of side button use which annoyingly is only fixed with a system restart.

The first Scimitar I had I returned just after Christmas 2015. I decided to give it another go earlier this year but sadly had the same issue. I decided this time though to hang onto the mouse in case a fix was announced. Unfortunately, looking through the forums it seems the problem still hasn't been resolved. A real shame as mechanically the mouse is very good.

Best

Wulf:D:

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I wouldn't bother. Corsair have shown themselves to be unwilling/unable to fix the issues with the Scimitar, in particular - side buttons randomly stop working for no reason and requires a system reboot to fix.

If you want a side button MMO mouse, stick with that other brand, where the side buttons work in hardware without needing buggy crap software to be installed.

• 2 months later...
Personally I wouldn't bother. Corsair have shown themselves to be unwilling/unable to fix the issues with the Scimitar, in particular - side buttons randomly stop working for no reason and requires a system reboot to fix.

I've been using the Scimitar Pro RGB mouse for about a month now, and I have not had any issues such as you describe.

• 4 weeks later...
I thought the side buttons not working occasionally was just me lol.. The other issue my original one has is sometimes, it just doesn't turn on at all, and I have to unlpug the usb and plug it back in for it to work. It's not enough to make me want to buy a new one, as it's more every couple weeks it'll happen once. If it was more i'd prolly do something about it.

• 2 months later...
I thought the side buttons not working occasionally was just me lol.. The other issue my original one has is sometimes, it just doesn't turn on at all, and I have to unlpug the usb and plug it back in for it to work. It's not enough to make me want to buy a new one, as it's more every couple weeks it'll happen once. If it was more i'd prolly do something about it.

Same happens to me some boots no power so i have it plugged into the front since its a nightmare to get behind my pc :/

My solution to fix the side buttons / software not needing to have to be repaired each boot is to downgrade back to Cue 1.16.42

Archived