Corsair Community

Setting a default profile

Hi,

so I have a K95 Platinum RGB and the latest CUE installed.

So I created a profile and saved it to the onboard storage but as soon as I exit CUE it changes my profile to the standard profile and I can't change it with the profile key on my keyboard.

The only way to change back to the profile is if I enter the CUE software again and click on the onboard storage with the profile on it.

But if I don't even close the program but only minimize it or klick on the desktop it switches to the standard profile.

I hope someone can help me here

I dont have a platinum or any memory having corsair hardware, but is the profile button the 'person' on the top left of the platinum? Perhaps you need to be sure you save the profile to the hardware memory in each position? Maybe it did not override the default. I think with one of my static lighting profiles on either the k70 I had or the k95s (previous iterations) i had to reset it in order for the static lighting to take.

Is the firmware updated? Newer CUE version?

Yesterday i got my Dark Core RBG and also ran into this problem. After installing CUE and connecting my mouse by wire there are 3 hardware profiles downloaded from onboard memory and one software "Default". I set up this 3 hardware profiles to my using scenarios (Work, Gaming, Desktop) and saves it into onboard memory. But every time then i closed CUE active profile resets to software "Default". I spent some time to find the reason for this behavior and found next: if there are at least one software profile created then CUE starts to switch only beetwen software profiles by clicking the "profile change" button. To make it work with hardware profiles we need to entirely close CUE (like it described in post above) or delete all software profiles in CUE.

This CUE behavior is nowhere described and looks illogical that confuses new users, because on another gaming products (i used Spatha for example) there more intuitively clear setup and using process. And i think that is incorrect behavior: why i can't use harware profiles with CUE running? - without CUE running i can't see the current battery level.

Will this behavior be corrected in next versions of CUE or now it works as it was originally intended?

• 3 months later...
I see there's 3 on board profiles.. Any way to choose which is the default?

Assuming we are still taking about the K95 Platinum, use the profile switch button on the keyboard when CUE is not running (above F1-F2). This will shift between the three saved HW1, 2, 3 presets. Wherever you leave it, that's where it will stay when CUE is not running. When CUE is running, the software will control and the top profile on the list will be the default. HW profiles are not active when the software is running.

Archived