Corsair Community

fails to auto-switch profiles & Glaive mouse with sticking side buttons

Zammin

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I signed up because I was unable to find a solution to this through a fair amount of google searching, so please don't crucify me if I've missed a thread about it. :)

Recently I've picked up a set of new Corsair peripherals, a K95 Platinum RGB keyboard and Glaive RGB Aluminium mouse. Both of these products seem pretty good to me minus a couple small issues.

Regarding the keyboard (the issue in the title), I am finding that although everything works as it should initially, it eventually stops auto switching to profiles that are linked to applications after my computer has been on for a while. It is worth noting that the mouse still appears to switch automatically when this occurs, and switching manually using the profile button on the keyboard still works. Restarting CUE does not fix the issue, so far rebooting the PC has been the only thing that resolves it temporarily. I usually leave my PC running most of the day and this issue only occurs around once or twice a day.

I also notice (usually in my peripheral vision) that every so often a random key will flicker white once (they are currently backlit red) but it happens so fast I barely catch it.

Regarding the mouse, I've had no glitches or anything but the back/forward buttons on the side are super flimsy on the one I got, they also stick when you press them in firmly and take a second to pop back out once released. I usually play FPS (generally TitanFall 2) and map melee to the back button, so this issue bothers me quite a bit. I haven't been able to compare this to any other glaives to determine if it is a design flaw or not, so it would be good to know what other glaive owners experiences are with these buttons. At this point I intend to take it back to the store I bought it from and compare it to another one on the shelf.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can provide.

Just a quick update on this. Another thing that temporarily resolves the profile switching issue is unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in. I also tried top soft reset the keyboard using the method listed by corsair for this specific model, but it doesn't work for some reason. I cannot get the lights on the keyboard to flash.

If it is still an option, I would return the Glaive and exchange it for a new one. The Glaive has a deeper side button than most current gaming mice, but mine is smooth and very satisfying to press. Absolutely no sticking and it feels great compared to my other mice. Your experience is not typical.

The K95P is a little trickier. I have several and have never seen them do the flickering, but this can happen. The auto switching issue is noted, although I am not sure we have the cause nailed down. The Fall Creator's Update and locking the PC has causes issues for some. I have had issues with it going to wrong default profile when coming out of a linked program profile, but that does not sound like the issue you are describing. Perhaps someone else can offer more pointed advice of what to try next here.

If it is still an option, I would return the Glaive and exchange it for a new one. The Glaive has a deeper side button than most current gaming mice, but mine is smooth and very satisfying to press. Absolutely no sticking and it feels great compared to my other mice. Your experience is not typical.

The K95P is a little trickier. I have several and have never seen them do the flickering, but this can happen. The auto switching issue is noted, although I am not sure we have the cause nailed down. The Fall Creator's Update and locking the PC has causes issues for some. I have had issues with it going to wrong default profile when coming out of a linked program profile, but that does not sound like the issue you are describing. Perhaps someone else can offer more pointed advice of what to try next here.

Hey thanks for your input on the issue.

I did actually end up exchanging the mouse for a replacement yesterday. The side buttons on the replacement aren't sticking (yet) but they still kinda feel like they are mounted to a flimsy piece of metal inside the mouse. Perhaps it's just something I need to get used to. Everything else about the mouse seems to be good quality.

Regarding the keyboard, I do actually recall reading about the Win 10 FCU causing issues with CUE and I think you're right about that being a potential cause here. I have submitted a support ticket with corsair about the problem so hopefully they can provide some advice on this as well as the issue with not being able to soft reset the keyboard.

I have been receiving "support" from Richard at Corsair about this issue since I lodged a ticket last week. I have to say I am far less than impressed.

Richard has been ignoring all of my questions and merely copying and pasting articles from the public knowledge base instead of writing a proper response to me.

When I followed his instructions to hard reset the keyboard by manually reinstalling the firmware using the firmware file he provided me, the keyboard stopped working altogether. I tried this process twice and got the same results. The only thing that saved me was that I backed up the original firmware file from the keyboard before carrying out the process.

The keyboard is working again with the original firmware but the profile switching issue and random key lights flickering issue still remain.

It's worth adding that the random key light flickering still occurs when CUE is not running and the keyboard is using it's onboard memory.

This level of service from corsair has been appalling so far, especially considering this is their most expensive keyboard. If anyone from corsair is reading this can you PLEASE provide me with some decent advice and address my questions added to my ticket.

Archived