Corsair Community

Plans to update static mode for fans to control both inner and outer light colors?

nctowle

Are there any plans to update Corsair Link so the inner and outer LEDs on fans can be 2 separate static colors (on fans like the LL series)? You can control them separately on some modes that seem more complicated, like Arc, so it would seem easy enough to add this functionality? Thanks!

I just poked my head over to the cooling/fan PM's cube to discuss it. We don't want to overcomplicate control of these products and we want to keep end user options fairly uniform, but let me see what we can do.

That sounds promising - keep us updated on progress, please! Because the option is in Arc mode, it seems like it would fit in with current functionality and user experience - at least I think so. Thanks for the update!

To counter the simplicity/uniform argument, I think customization enthusiasts (probably almost anyone buying rgb fans like these) would be happy to have the option to control every single led. I think uniform effects are cool, but as far as static goes it would certainly be nice to have more control. I agree it'd be a nice feature to have inner/outer static color options, think I mentioned this feature on Corsair's Instagram or some other social platform. Thumbs up!

I think what would be coolest would be to have an API that allows for the community to customize and create lighting schemes ... have the Link team focus on core features, bug fixes and new products. But open up the product to allow enthusiasts to tweak and customize the LEDs ... kinda like CUE does.

2 thumbs up. Is it me or does it seem like there is more flexibility in the CUE software than the Link software. I’m not a software engineer so I can’t imagine the complexity or coding necessary for either. I acquired a K70 and a GLAIVE RGB so been looking at the different profiles you can do in CUE. Just seems like you can do so much more in CUE compared to what one can do with the LL fans in Link.

You can do a lot more in CUE. It's also a different market with different players ... and different expectations.

But yeah ... I'd love to see that level of customization in Link as well. <sigh>

Providing anything that is open to users for customization does significantly increase the complexity. You have to seriously consider what can and cannot be done, how it will work, and try to make it understandable and usable for others. You also have to be very defensive and think long and hard about how others will screw stuff up ... and then prevent them from screwing it up too badly.

• 1 month later...

Is this a thing yet? Has the capability to set two static colors (one in the center and one around the outside ring) been added yet? I literally made an account just to ask this one question. That's a huge dealbreaker for me. If they're capable of doing that, I absolutely need them in my life, and will be running out and buying six of them right away. If they aren't capable of doing that, then I'll stick to my HD120's/HD140's.

EDIT: Also, sorry for necro lol but this is the only topic I found on the issue :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived