Corsair Community

Corsair H2100 7.1 surround sound audio issue

Monk77

I've owned the h2100 for little over a year and it's worked fantastically until recently. After receiving the message "Not enough USB controller resources" on several occasions the headset audio would cut, this prompted me to fix the issue by switching USB ports. This time, the issue did not fix and I restarted my PC. When I restarted my PC the audio was restored but now the headset sounds like it only plays 2.0 audio. I switched to several different USB ports, uninstalled the driver via the Corsair gaming headset setup and removed completely with device manager and reinstalled and still the headset will only play audio as if it was in 2.0. Switching to 7.1, 5.1 and hitting the power button by the dolby emblem changed little. The speaker symbols in the Corsair gaming headset control panel only show two speakers infront of me out 6 lighting up when I hear sound on anything other than video games. Listening to music via youtube OR itunes for example is only in 2.0 and sounds TERRIBLE compared to how it used to sound. When I launch a game, the game will be in surround and sounds fine. Is there anyway to restore 7.1 surround to my other applications?:confused:

20533662_2.0sound.png.2f5e60f5cee54826bf23e9fd82d64834.png

No changes to the system were made before the issue started, just the headset crashing. It seems to be using Microsoft drivers instead of the Corsair drivers and I'm unsure how to fix that issue. http://puu.sh/ubaqH/527cb15f4c.png

After rereading your post, It sounds like Virtual surround was enabled in Windows as an enhancement rather than from the Corsair drivers.

You will want to double check the speaker output (Sound>Configure) as well as the virtual surround setting under the enhancements tab.

If i recall correctly, There used to be an option for Virtual surround in the enhancements tab. It seems like something may have changed.

Can you plug the headset dongle back into the original USB port? (Won't have a "2 -" in Windows and see if the options returns?

You can make sure if the original entry for the headset is present by clicking View>Show hidden devices.

I plugged it into the original port and the option is still not present. I did check the events under device manager>audio inputs and outputs>headset earphone (Corsair Gaming H2100 Headset) and came up with this if it sheds any light?

2108804450_ss(2017-02-23at01_28.35).png.27c44d2ba23fbb05a1858becbadeb14f.png

on the actual corsair website I was given instruction to

- Uninstall your audio drivers for the motherboard

- Disable the USB Selective Suspend in the Advanced Power Options

- Connect the headset to a different PC/Laptop

Now, obviously i've tried the first one many times, the second intruction changed nothing, and as for trying it on a new PC, I tried it on my laptop and coincidentally it sounds awful on that too.. it never used to have a problem on my laptop..

Sounds like those steps are for times where a USB headset is not working properly.

Download the previous version of the drivers and see whether the option is still present. Note: The previous version does not officially support Windows 10, but you may be able to use compatibility mode.

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/Gaming-Headsets/CorsairHeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.35.msi.zip

Actually, It is called Speaker Fill. I'm not too sure why the H2100 is not showing the option as the V2000 does.

In Sound, Can you press configure when the headset is selected and change it to 7.1 Surround?

You can also put in a support ticket and see if Corsair can help though i'm not sure if it is something that is supported.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

What are the system specs of the two systems that you tried? Google "Not enough USB controller resources" and a lot of the results come back with USB port / controller issues. Have you tried removing all other USB items from the computer?

Archived