Corsair Community

iCUE Profile Brightness

Faisal

I just reinstalled windows and installed the new iCUE software for my K70 RGB. I figured out everything except for the brightness, on the old software I would have maximum brightness on my gaming profiles and the lowest brightness on my normal use profile.

However, I cannot figure out how to save a specific brightness to a specific profile, can someone please help with this?

Since the brightness slider in the settings menu is universal, it generally works better to use the color slider to turn down the RGB value for whatever you are working on. For example, white will be much softer at 75-75-75 than 255-255-255. You also can use the Opacity slider and see which method you prefer. It is a subtle difference, but some things look better one way or the other. Edited by c-attack

Since the brightness slider in the settings menu is universal, it generally works better to use the color slider to turn down the RGB value for whatever you are working on. For example, white will be much softer at 75-75-75 than 255-255-255. You also can use the Opacity slider and see which method you prefer. It is a subtle difference, but some thing look better one way or the other.

Thank you, that works for me. It's a shame though, the old utility allowed you to set brightness per profile, the new one don't. But this is a good enough workaround.

Another thing that you can do to adjust brightness is to add a layer on top that's all black and then tweak the opacity for that. If you do it as a Lighting Link Static color effect, it would, effectively, allow you to set the brightness for the entire profile.