Corsair Community

How to mount in 550D an SSD on the roof of the lower HDD cage

rem451

How to mount in 550D an SSD on the roof of the lower HDD cage?

As you can see in the picture there is available space, but the problem is that my ssd does not fit well, Is there any accessory that is going to fix this?

thank you

corsair-550d-hddinstall.jpg.64856b806c0ca6a19f427d44c2fa3e3e.jpg

I'm hanging a Corsair SSD vertically inside my case with Velcro and it hasn't budged.

I wouldn't worry about screwing it down - use Velcro, you can always change the location later and you haven't permanently modded your case.

If you don't want to use Velcro directly on the SSD, screw the SSD onto an adapter plate and Velcro that to the HDD cage.

IMG_0608rs.jpg.f32ec78bb39116f5d934d14344dade87.jpg

• 1 month later...
I'm hanging a Corsair SSD vertically inside my case with Velcro and it hasn't budged.

I wouldn't worry about screwing it down - use Velcro, you can always change the location later and you haven't permanently modded your case.

If you don't want to use Velcro directly on the SSD, screw the SSD onto an adapter plate and Velcro that to the HDD cage.

A 3M Command adhesive strip might be better, you just pull a tab and it releases. Nothing left on the case or drive when you remove it.

A 3M Command adhesive strip might be better, you just pull a tab and it releases. Nothing left on the case or drive when you remove it.

Yes, those new 3M double sided, removable adhesive strips work great. There are versions of this that have velcro on them too. I used them to hold a fan on a bracket, attached to the side of the case. Held in place fine, and when I removed the strip months later, it came right off with nothing left behind.

Another option for you would be to drill holes in the top of the drive cage that match the SSDs screw spacing, and screw it in place.

Or, drill a couple holes and use the old zip ties, unless you can find some holes or spaces to use with the zip ties.

Archived