Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 Crashing Windows 10 PRO

sidhedroia

Hello everyone,

Completely new build, running Win 10 Pro, which has been BSOD for 3 weeks. Spent time with the OS guys and they had me running around for the last 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem is. Today, after Driver Verifier was run, got a SiUSBXp.sys driver issue. Only instance of it is my Corsair H115i water cooler software.

I have uninstalled the software and drivers, and the BSODs stopped.

I can't find anything from the company that calls out compatibility issues with Win 10 PRO. Anyone have any ideas? Is this forum moderated by anyone at Corsair?

Thanks in advance.

The same driver also caused a BSOD on my system, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845182

Thus far Corsair have failed to address this issue and as far as I can tell they totally lack professional diligence.

I advise you to RMA the H115i and request an H110i which uses the standard HID driver rather than the Corsair driver that causes BSODs from time to time.

Did you update your bios? I had BSOD,s for a little while untill I updated my MB Bios.

Irreverent, though I have the latest BIOS.

Looking at the link it should be obvious it's a bug in the SIUSBXP driver and the motherboard BIOS is not an issue, though my H80iGT firmware could be a factor.

Either way Corsair should have commented on the BSOD and corrected their driver.

Irreverent, though I have the latest BIOS.

Looking at the link it should be obvious it's a bug in the SIUSBXP driver and the motherboard BIOS is not an issue, though my H80iGT firmware could be a factor.

Either way Corsair should have commented on the BSOD and corrected their driver.

I'm on Win10 Pro too with a H110iGT. I haven't been getting any BSOD's but rather than cluttering up your SIV thread and seeing as OP's issue is resolved I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank you for your SIV software. I'm not using 1% of its amazing functionality or reporting. I'm simply using it to control the H110iGT instead of CL4. My 6700K is OC'd to 4.6ghz and sitting there at 4.6ghz permanently using close to 1.4v. It occured to me to check the Power settings in windows and realised I had it on 'Performance' so speed step wasn't kicking in. Switched it to balanced and immediatly CPU speed dropped to 4ghz at 1.3v. Scratched my head as to why it wasn't dropping further. Then remembered that CL4 is a resource hog keeping utilisation hovering around 4%. Installed SIV to take over control of the H110iGT, uninstalled CL4 and.........its now hovering between 800mhz and 1ghz at idle at 0.7-0.8v.

Thank you so much Red-Ray!!

Thank you for letting me know SIV is working well for you. Have you found Menu->Hardware->CPU Detail->CPU Speed Ratios?

I'm on Win10 Pro too with a H110iGT. I haven't been getting any BSOD's

The CoolIT H110iGT is a HID device and therefor uses the standard W10 HID driver rather than the dodgy Corsair supplied SIUSBXP driver so I would not expect BSODs.

Then remembered that CL4 is a resource hog keeping utilisation hovering around 4%.

4% is 32% of a CPU which I feel is far too much just to control a H110iGT. That's also with the CPU running at 4.0GHz and it would be 100% if the CPU was running at 1.3GHz which is excessive. Out of interest what % does SIV use? See Menu->Edit->STC Info. On my system it's quite high (3% of one CPU or 0.12% of the system) which is mainly down to me having 4 x GTX 980s and NVAPI using excessive CPU time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27049&stc=1&d=1481704308

attachment.php?attachmentid=27050&stc=1&d=1481705378

480065011_CPUSpeedRatios.thumb.png.9e4b544f601cf3058d1a14be38e01259.png

308755797_STCInfo.png.bced05694f0ea999d3026b9a79e2edbb.png

Heres mine FWIW.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27053&stc=1&d=1481752623

attachment.php?attachmentid=27054&stc=1&d=1481752633

My CPU usage in task manager now bounces between 1-3%. However thats with speedstep now running the cpu at 800mhz and any time SIV happens to make it to the top of the task list when sorted by CPU% usage its only indicating its using 0.3%.

1200323650_red-ray1.png.1596b9c0587af40cf9682b0b2449634f.png

red-ray2.png.1a4a521a86e04329a68578d8dcb79ae3.png

any time SIV happens to make it to the top of the task list when sorted by CPU% usage its only indicating its using 0.3%.

The 0.3% is per system and given you have 8 CPUs this is 2.4% of a CPU.

SIV reported it used 4.3% on average which is 0.5% of the system rather than 0.3%.

I suspect most of this is reporting the 10 x EC (Embedded Controller) sensors which CL4 totally fails to report, but I would need to see the initial + [status] screens to be 100% sure.

I'm having a similar problem with CL4 crashing Win 10 Pro. Emailing back and forth with Corsair tech support and trying their solutions didn't work. Their final advice was to control the 110i gt fans and pump through my Asus Formula's bios. Uninstalled Corsair link

and OS shuts down without issue. Tried SIV 5.14 and it ran well for a few days then I once again had shutdown problems and SIV would not run. There wasn't a uninstaller for SIV so I had to remove it manually. Computer is back to behaving normally. Does Win 10 not like monitoring programs?...Thanks

Tried SIV 5.14 and it ran well for a few days then I once again had shutdown problems and SIV would not run.

There wasn't a uninstaller for SIV so I had to remove it manually.

Oh yes there is Menu->Help->Remove SIV.

You have also failed to ask for my help and I have my suspicions as to the root cause of your issues.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27072&stc=1&d=1482005289

1341588550_RemoveSIV.png.7b004e70ff8132dcd150fb9fd79da65a.png

Red-Ray...I went to your site looking for help before I removed your program. Had I known the installer was there I would have used it, but Siv would not open from the desktop shortcut or from the .exe in it's program folder. My shutdown problem was back and since AIsuite and CL4 caused problems and needed to be removed and now SIV was crashing ...I'd appreciate any advice you could offer towards a solution. Thanks

Red-Ray...I went to your site looking for help before I removed your program. Had I known the installer was there I would have used it, but Siv would not open from the desktop shortcut or from the .exe in it's program folder. My shutdown problem was back and since AIsuite and CL4 caused problems and needed to be removed and now SIV was crashing ...I'd appreciate any advice you could offer towards a solution. Thanks

You may have looked at http://rh-software.com/, but suspect you failed to read the Issue Reporting section which is:

If you find an issue with SIV and wish to get it resolved then please e-mail the details along with the SIV save files. In the event of an application failure please keep a copy of the memory dump file in case this is needed. The memory dump is generated by either Windows Error Reporting (WER) on Windows 7/Vista/Server 2008 or by Dr Watson on earlier systems. Both of these will provide better information when the Symbol Tables (.PDB files) are available, these will be e-mailed to you on request.

To configure WER to generate ‘Local Dumps’ for SIV navigate to the Error Reporting Setup Options (Menu->Windows->Parameters->Error Reporting) panel and press the [set Mini Dump for SIVXXX.exe] button. You should repeat this each SIV add-on that is used. Microsoft provide detailed information.

To setup Dr Watson dumps navigate to the Dr Watson Setup Options (Menu->Windows->Parameters->Dr Watson) panel, if the Debugger is not ‘drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g’ press [Dr Watson -I] which will set this up, next press [Dr Watson] which will pop up the Microsoft Dr Watson for Windows panel which is used to configure the dump options and file locations. Microsoft provide detailed information.

All you have done is make statements and failed to provide any information that would allow me to address the issue.

You say SIV crashes so there should be a dump file and this is what I would need to address the issue. The .DMP should be in the same folder as SIV64X.exe, is it? If so e-mail it to me. To check on the location use REGEDT to look in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps

Your PC specs specify Abit IC7-G and you are talking about AI Suite so I expect they are out of date. If so update them.

In general attach some screen shots what show what you are seeing as it's possible you are saying what you think is happening rather than the actual situation.

Sorry...Old specs now updated. Through in the towel and once again fresh install Win10 Pro. Will test each driver/program to see the cause of shutdown problem. Seems to be common with ROG boards...lot of posts on the ROG forum. I have your instructions on setting up my cooler with SIV and maybe I'll have better luck this time. Unable to comply with your last post, as I had done a manual uninstall of SIV from the SSD and registry after it wouldn't launch. Knowledge appreciated...Andy

• 2 weeks later...
All programs installed...mostly windows drivers...so far no shutdown issues. Corsair support finally agreed that I had a bad cooler and replaced it with a H110i. I'm in the process of installing it and would like to know if I should control it with CL4, SIV, both, or use the fan controls built into my motherboard? Thanks

should control it with CL4, SIV, both?

If you use SIV to control it (-AIOCTL) then you should not have CL4 active otherwise the two programs will "fight" over the control.

If CL4 is controlling the H110i then it can be monitored by all of AIDA64 + HWiNFO + SIV.

• 6 months later...

Archived