Corsair Community

2 Corsair Voyager GTX 256gb dead in a short period of time

fahimfahim

Hi everyone,

I am using a Voyager GTX 256gb as a Windows-to-go boot and windows drive, on a Macbook pro 2015 13".

The first one I bought lasted a few months before one day just not starting. When I plugged it other Windows 10 PCs, the usb drive just had a solid blue light. It got detected in device manager, with a media removed sign. No partitions or volumes are visible. It's almost as if the controller is detected, but the flash chips are not.

So I got my device RMA from Corsair, and got a replacement drive. The EXACT same thing happened with the replacement GTX drive, in less than a day.

I have figured out the sequence of events leading both of these drives becoming unusable.... In both instances, I was using my laptop on battery, and then closed the lid of my Mackbook pro with the battery almost drained. Next time I open up my laptop the Voyager GTXs stopped working as stated above. This leads me to think that this is not the drive become bad, but some poor implementation of the sleep states in the controller. Corsair support, can you please advice, and issue a hotfix ASAP??

Archived