Corsair Community

H110i GT (CoolIT) vs H110i GTX (Asetek)

Specter

Really?

So someone at Corsair decides to release two 280mm AIO coolers from two separate manufactures! But they let one manufacturer get an extra letter so it looks better!!!! Talk about confusing the customer.

To the untrained eye selecting a H110GT VS. a H110GTX is a no brainer, they will go for the GTX but they will not look into the CoolIT vs Asetek history.

This is a sad day for customers, que questions of customers confused about the naming convention and what is the difference between the GT and the GTX :laughing:

Huh, I hadn't realized there was a H110i GTX until now. I know the difference from what Dustin has posted before is negligible, but it makes me wonder if one of the manufactures is known for better quality or reliability over the other...

Hmm,

Ok, so I just figured that it was only just announced. I'm not sure about this though, the specs on the site do differ a bit, GTX fans are listed as about 100 RPM slower, and its 3db quieter which I assume is a direct result of that, but it ships with the same SP140L fans as the GT?

The video states its an improved pump but its not clear if that's over the H100i GTX or the H110i GT. Im also really curious if the H110i GTX will have a quiet and performance pump mode as to the best of my knowledge only the CoolIT rads have had that function so far?

So ye... I guess Im starting off the list of questions :P

EDIT: Dustin, if you happen to read this: I'm actually in the process of sending my H110i GT back to amazon as the quiet mode on the pump makes a bit of a noise as I have posted before. So, I am really just in the time frame to get the GTX instead if there really is any benefit to it. Any chance you could give any details as to the pump modes (Does the GTX have quiet and performance), whether it is an upgrade to the H110i GT or the H100i GTX pump etc, whats the deal with the fan specs being different for the same fans?

Huh, I hadn't realized there was a H110i GTX until now. I know the difference from what Dustin has posted before is negligible, but it makes me wonder if one of the manufactures is known for better quality or reliability over the other...

Dustin commented before on the H100iGTX VS. the H110i GT. This new unit was just announced at Computex 2015

As for better quality and reliability the forum speaks for itself which units has hardware problems such as sounding like a refrigerator. So the first batch of customers basically needed to RMA as soon as they installed it. It will take a few revisions to get that hardware issue fixed and now they release a new unit with the same tech as the ones with issues without saying if they fixed the refrigerator sound or not.

Dustin commented before on the H100iGTX VS. the H110i GT. This new unit was just announced at Computex 2015

As for better quality and reliability the forum speaks for itself which units has hardware problems such as sounding like a refrigerator. So the first batch of customers basically needed to RMA as soon as they installed it. It will take a few revisions to get that hardware issue fixed and now they release a new unit with the same tech as the ones with issues without saying if they fixed the refrigerator sound or not.

I remember him mentioning that the naming convention was basically that the GTX revisions had a removable cover over the LED or some such. Was there more than that posted anywhere I may have missed?

TBH I find it hard to judge quality issues from a forum though, you tend to mostly get the people with issues on here, whether it be from a bad batch of hardware or their own specific issues, other than the fact they like to sue each other, I cant say I really know enough about the two companies to say whether either is better known for quality etc (Also I imagine corsair couldent actually comment on that one).

EDIT: because I cant spell.

• Corsair Employee

Realistically there's minimal difference between the GT and GTX. The GT's LED controller is a little more flexible, but it also requires a separate power lead, while the GTX can be powered entirely off the single 4-pin CPU-FAN header. The GTX also has the removable cap.

Personally? I prefer the GT, which has more flexible tubing, but that's just me.

After looking over them, I actually decided I like the look of the GT better, which is the entire reason I went from the H100i up to the H110i GT in the first place.

The tubes coming out of the side instead of directly out of the top on the GTX I think looks way better, should cause less of an obstruction to the LED (From my viewing angle) and I figure just means I can angle the tubes up and down a bit better which I couldent do if they just pop straight out the top.

Removable Cap aside they seem spec wise pretty much the same, though I still dont really get the fans being rated as slower on the GTX, is that just so it can be listed as slightly quieter or something? Some marketing wizardry? :P Either way I dont expect I should need to run them at full tilt anyway, and a few Db wont be noticeable then anyway lol.

As it is, I have the silver 540, so silver cap is what I want anyway, I'm going LED for my colour scheme once I finally get all my bits n pieces together over the next few weeks :)

Realistically there's minimal difference between the GT and GTX. The GT's LED controller is a little more flexible, but it also requires a separate power lead, while the GTX can be powered entirely off the single 4-pin CPU-FAN header. The GTX also has the removable cap.

Personally? I prefer the GT, which has more flexible tubing, but that's just me.

Thanks for this post. I just bought a H110i GT last week and was feeling a little conflicted over the announcement of a H110i GTX so soon after my purchase. Sounds to me like I'll be just fine with the GT ;)

Also I can see the fans are quite different on the GT vs GTX version of h110i. (the angles of the blades)

It looks like the fans on the GTX version have "sharper" angles of the blades, thus are designed for a higher airflow/lower static pressure, while the fans on the GT have less angle on the blades, and thus are designed for a lower airflow/higher static pressure.

When I hear about improved pump, I Think the GTX will have longer lifetime right?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Realistically there's minimal difference between the GT and GTX. The GT's LED controller is a little more flexible
The Asetek hardware is...silly. I can't say more than that. But the controller in it is significantly weaker than the one in the CoolIT-based H110i GT.

Nothing like consistency! Both posts can't be correct.

I prefer the H110iGT as the CoolIT firmware is significantly better than the Asetek. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027 .

• 2 months later...

A user on a Korean forum reports that only GT can control 3-pin fans. GTX only works with 4-pin PWM fans. :rolleyes:

(Also confirmed by Innovation Timu, which is official Korean reseller of Corsair products here in Korea.)

http://on.coolenjoy.net/bbs/boardc.php?id=water_cooling&no=24547&page=1&num=22724&board=water_cooling&ss=0&sc=0&sn=0&keyword=&qa=0&ga=&cat=0&vote=0

(Link is in Korean of course)

Archived