Corsair Community

K65 RGB keyboard acts like it's constantly being unplugged/plugged in

Pigeonholed

Morning all, I've run into a bit of an annoyance and my searches have not pulled up anything in the forums.

My issue is that my keyboard, which has been running smoothly since purchase has recently begun to act like the usb cables are constantly being removed and then plugged back in. (keyboard goes dark, usb device removal sound, keyboard lights back up, redetects and then can be used once again.)

I've tied unplugging the device completely and reinserting the cables, as well as switching usb ports. It actually seems to be acting alright at the moment but there's no telling how long this is going to last. I've attached the corsair log from this morning and it looks like there's definitely issues going on, I'm just trying to nail down what exactly.

thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

tmp.txt

firmware version 1.15, bootloader version .09 , utility engine says it's current. I did not realize it but my utility engine was badly out of date, it was 1.28 or so, and I've not experienced any issues since about 15 minutes before the initial post this morning. I'm hoping it might have been resolved silently with the update to the corsair software.

As for changing out usb devices, I've had no other disconnects other than the keyboard. Makes me think a driver might have managed to get corrupted or something. Hopefully it was just a passing issue.

Archived