Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 Not showing ANY devices

tyl3r99

Hello guys,

ive been having some issues with my corsair link suddenly as it used to work just fine. One morning its deciding it doesn't want to show any of my devices.

I have tried all the common go to fixes but no luck (including registry and cmd commands)

windows recognizes all my devices on Siv including the USB port.

however there is a log on my Event Viewer (see below)

Service cannot be started. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(HttpListener listener, Func`2 appFunc, IList`1 addresses, IDictionary`2 capabilities, Func`2 loggerFactory)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(Func`2 app, IDictionary`2 properties)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(IAp...

I have also tried reinstalling corsair link multiple times, why hasnt corsair picked up on this issue.... its clearly a problem.

I HOPE CORSAIR READ THIS, you need to address this COMMON issue please.

Try closing down CL4, delete all the .LOG and .CONFIG files in C:\ProgramData\CLink4\ then try starting CL4.

Saying "I have tried all the common go to fixes but no luck (including registry and cmd commands)" does not help as you need to specify exactly what you did otherwise I have no way to know what these are.

Corsair monitor, but rarely reply so log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp if this does not work.

hi Ray

yes I've tried that and restarted and did it again the log files just 're appear after I start it again.

I did your registry value to 0 suggestions

did a cmd windows file check

checked siv to see if pc recognised devices

uninstalled reinstalled

allowed programs through firewall

did virus scan

I'm in the UK is that a problem?

I'm in the UK is that a problem?

No more then any other country and less than some. As usual CL 4.7.0.77 half runs on my systems, but I only run it when I need to test CL4 + SIV interoperability. As shipped CL 4.7.0.77 has a load a locking and other issues, try CL 4.6.0.86 as it may do better, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903472

You have failed to specify what CL hardware you have so I don't know if any registry changes are needed. If you post [Link Devices] + [Link Status] I could sensibly comment.

Edited by red-ray

hi Ray

my apologies

my version is the latest available of cl4

my hardware is as follows

h100i v2

gtx1080 evga ftw edition

i7 7700k cpu

however I will post my siv screen when I get back home, really do appreciate the help.

might be worth trying an earlier version then?

h100i v2

You did better then many, some members don't even post their PC specs at all and I rarely if ever reply to such posts.

The H100iV2 does not need any registry edits.

"Operating System 64 bit" is next to useless, specify the Windows version and ideally the build number.

might be worth trying an earlier version then?

What you really need is a later cpuidsdk.dll, but there is no way you get one, so yes.

You have double posted, ideally delete one of the posts.

Edited by red-ray

right ok no problem.

yep 64 bit

as for windows.. updates last checked this morning so the very latest? but I will have to send you this info once im home

as for build number you are referring to windows or corsair link?

as for build number you are referring to windows or corsair link?

Ideally both. SIV will report the windows information on the top line of the initial screen and for CL4 it's on it's [About] panel

All of Windows XP + Vista + 7 + 8.0 + 8.1 + 10 can be 64-bit hence "64 bit" is useless. There are also 5 totally different Windows 10s which is why the Build number is appropriate.

Edited by red-ray

copy that. will get it over to you asap. probably be later tonight (UK time) I have made a ticket also with the attached logs

I'm guessing this error is quite common but various fixes due to the ranges of windows versions?

Hi Ray as promised..

Windows 10 x64 Home (Single User) V10.00 Build 15063

Corsair link 4 build 4.7.0.77

and please find some Puush screenshots of SIV below.

http://puu.sh/wl6Xs/fccd19b764.png

http://puu.sh/wl6YJ/a2a5736217.png

http://puu.sh/wl74L/f95547fa3b.png

if you need anything else, i will do my best to help you help..me

im also confused why it wont pickup my GPU or anything else? or is it all linked somehow?

http://puu.sh/wl7am/6ff88039fe.jpg

http://puu.sh/wl7ba/224f26281a.jpg

http://puu.sh/wl7cb/cb8cf46dbf.jpg

thanks ray

a2a5736217.png

Thank you for all the info, the H100iV2 looks to be working as it should and I can't see why CL 4.7.0.77 won't play ball.

Service cannot be started. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes().

Looking back to the original post it seems that for some reason the CL4 service is not getting started, but I don't know why this is. I am wondering what happened if you manually start the CL4 service.

One way to do this is the SIV Menu->Windows->Services->CL4 Control panel which should be similar to as below. Once you get to the panel press [start] and see what happens. Does it start and/or how long does it run for?

BTW it would be sensible is you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to set Windows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29911&stc=1&d=1497563040

CLink4Service.png.7ec122dae3306ca3d86a3b1d9967b89d.png

Edited by red-ray

BTW it would be sensible is you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to set Windows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.
just changed it now, thank you.

One way to do this is the SIV Menu->Windows->Services->CL4 Control panel which should be similar to as below. Once you get to the panel press [start] and see what happens. Does it start and/or how long does it run for?

when i click start nothing happens, not looking like its even trying :(

i went on services.msc and tried starting it that way but come up with this message

http://puu.sh/wl9x3/187a252bb1.png

http://puu.sh/wl9Di/afee8c6f7d.png

http://puu.sh/wl9M2/ceb27e3b86.png <--- this mean anything to you?

shall i try uninstalling it again? or if there is a uninstaller that removes EVERY file to do with it that is..

this is the registry for the cl4 service

http://puu.sh/wl9TX/8436b9e450.png

I also have tried the services file in the corsair links folder and i get this message

http://puu.sh/wla0P/59216b4ad0.png

nope uninstalling, restarting, installing, trying to start service didnt work either.

could this be a new issue youve come across ray ha ha, you got any links to a different version of cl4? maybe give that a go?

Edited by tyl3r99

I can't think what else you could try, maybe Corsair will know so ask via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp.

thanks for all of your support ray, ive linked this forum post on the ticket itself.

http://puu.sh/wlblk/ec2af516e5.png

with your permission i can get in touch with you if the corsair technical support find the solution (fingers crossed) or post the solution on here vice versa.

definitely something to keep a log of.

My solution was to develop my own code to control me CL hardware, one of my better decisions .

probably a smart idea hahaha

just a small update,

ive spoken with a tech at corsair and have uploaded my DXDiag information and he is going to pass it on to the correct team.

once i receive more information i will update everyone.

Hey thanks buddy. I have the exact same problem. I have the H115i LC.

Worked perfectly fine until the creators update rolled in and i updated to newest Corsair Link version.

On a sidenote: read somewhere that my board MSI X99A Gaming 7 (x99 in general)...was/is somewhat known for struggling with Corsair Link in the past for some - to me unknown - reason.

Anyway, grateful for any update / fix if you are provided with one.

Hey thanks buddy. I have the exact same problem. I have the H115i LC.

Worked perfectly fine until the creators update rolled in and i updated to newest Corsair Link version.

On a sidenote: read somewhere that my board MSI X99A Gaming 7 (x99 in general)...was/is somewhat known for struggling with Corsair Link in the past for some - to me unknown - reason.

Anyway, grateful for any update / fix if you are provided with one.

have you made a ticket?

I have an asus strix 7270e asus are usually good.

it detects the usb no problem it's completely software related

I found 2 other event viewer items i think relate to CL4

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.Service.exe, version: 4.7.0.77, time stamp: 0x590b4eb0

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.296, time stamp: 0x28e9cf15

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000eb802

Faulting process ID: 0x200

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e62557178c95

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: a0919583-b735-4791-9520-8995bf4c59f4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Net.HttpListenerException

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(System.Net.HttpListener, System.Func`2<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>,System.Threading.Tasks.Task>, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>, System.Func`2<System.String,System.Func`6<System.Diagnostics.TraceEventType,Int32,System.Object,System.Exception,System.Func`3<System.Object,System.Exception,System.String>,Boolean>>)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(System.Func`2<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>,System.Threading.Tasks.Task>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(Owin.IAppBuilder)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.StartServer(Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.StartContext)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.StartContext)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.WebApp.StartImplementation(System.IServiceProvider, Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.StartOptions, System.Action`1<Owin.IAppBuilder>)

at CorsairLink4.Service.WindowsService.OnStart(System.String[])

at CorsairLink4.Service.WindowsService.Start(System.String[])

at CorsairLink4.Service.Program.Main(System.String[])

I did not yet file a support ticket. I am thinking about just letting my bios do the job, since CL seems to be a really unstable piece of software.

If i decide to file a ticket i will update about the progress here of course.

cheers.

@red_ray

i noticed there is a app listed on my add/remove programs list called "corsair link USB dongle (driver removal) dated 1-6-17. is there a possible way i could have a outdated USB driver for corsair link?

it doesnt give me a driver version

i noticed there is a app listed on my add/remove programs list called "corsair link USB dongle (driver removal) dated 1-6-17. is there a possible way i could have a outdated USB driver for corsair link?

it doesnt give me a driver version

You should use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to add your PSU to your system specs.

This is the AXi PSU driver and has not changed in years. I expect it's 3.3.0.0.

Below are some commands and their output that you could issue in an admin mode command window. For find to work I recall UAC needs to be disabled.

D:\>dism /online /get-drivers /format:table | find "Corsair"
oem14.inf      | siusbxp.inf             | No    | USB                  | Corsair Memory, Inc.           | 14-Jul-10 | 3.3.0.0
oem18.inf      | hydros7289.inf          | No    | USB                  | Corsair Components, Inc.       | 30-Oct-15 | 3.6.0.0

D:\>dism /online /get-drivers /format:table

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7601.18489

Obtaining list of 3rd party drivers from the driver store...

Driver packages listing:

-------------- | ----------------------- | ----- | -------------------- | ------------------------------ | --------- | ----------------
Published Name | Original File Name      | Inbox | Class Name           | Provider Name                  | Date      | Version
-------------- | ----------------------- | ----- | -------------------- | ------------------------------ | --------- | ----------------
oem0.inf       | iastorac.inf            | No    | SCSIAdapter          | Intel Corporation              | 04-Nov-15 | 14.8.0.1042
oem1.inf       | prnms001.inf            | No    | Printer              | Microsoft                      | 21-Jun-06 | 6.1.7601.17514
oem10.inf      | tixhci.inf              | No    | USB                  | Texas Instruments Incorporated | 30-Jul-13 | 1.16.3.0
oem11.inf      | tihub3.inf              | No    | USB                  | Texas Instruments Incorporated | 30-Jul-13 | 1.16.3.0
oem12.inf      | lcdsysinfo_goverlay.inf | No    | libusb-win32 devices | Coldtears Electronics          | 13-Apr-13 | 1.0.0.0
oem13.inf      | slabvcp.inf             | No    | Ports                | Silicon Laboratories           | 19-Mar-14 | 6.7.0.0
oem14.inf      | siusbxp.inf             | No    | USB                  | Corsair Memory, Inc.           | 14-Jul-10 | 3.3.0.0
oem15.inf      | heci.inf                | No    | System               | Intel                          | 17-Dec-12 | 9.0.0.1287
oem16.inf      | mvs91xx.inf             | No    | SCSIAdapter          | Marvell Inc.                   | 09-Oct-12 | 1.2.0.1032
oem17.inf      | mv91cons.inf            | No    | System               | Marvell Semiconductor Inc.     | 09-Oct-12 | 1.2.0.1032
oem18.inf      | hydros7289.inf          | No    | USB                  | Corsair Components, Inc.       | 30-Oct-15 | 3.6.0.0
oem19.inf      | 3007wfp.inf             | No    | Monitor              | Dell Inc.                      | 01-Jun-09 | 1.0.0.0
oem2.inf       | nv_dispi.inf            | No    | Display              | NVIDIA                         | 16-Mar-17 | 21.21.13.7892
oem20.inf      | gemccid.inf             | No    | SmartCardReader      | Gemalto                        | 28-Oct-14 | 4.1.3.0
oem22.inf      | itpcdless.inf           | No    | HIDClass             | Microsoft                      | 27-Oct-15 | 9.9.108.0
oem23.inf      | mchpcdc.inf             | No    | Ports                | Microchip Technology, Inc.     | 06-Oct-14 | 5.1.2600.9
oem24.inf      | nx6000.inf              | No    | Image                | Microsoft                      | 02-Dec-10 | 3.60.250.0
oem25.inf      | nx6000m.inf             | No    | MEDIA                | Microsoft                      | 01-Nov-10 | 6.5.6004.0
oem26.inf      | nodriver.inf            | No    | RHS                  | RH Software                    | 21-Jun-14 | 4.0.0.5
oem27.inf      | tixhci.inf              | No    | USB                  | Texas Instruments Incorporated | 07-Jan-15 | 1.16.5.0
oem28.inf      | tihub3.inf              | No    | USB                  | Texas Instruments Incorporated | 07-Jan-15 | 1.16.5.0
oem3.inf       | nvhda.inf               | No    | MEDIA                | NVIDIA Corporation             | 08-Feb-17 | 1.3.34.23
oem30.inf      | patsburgsystem.inf      | No    | System               | INTEL                          | 19-Aug-16 | 10.1.2.80
oem31.inf      | patsburgusb.inf         | No    | USB                  | INTEL                          | 19-Aug-16 | 10.1.2.80
oem32.inf      | ivytownsystem.inf       | No    | System               | INTEL                          | 19-Aug-16 | 10.1.2.80
oem33.inf      | null_hecisystem.inf     | No    | System               | INTEL                          | 04-Jan-13 | 0.0.0.1
oem34.inf      | aseusb.inf              | No    | USB                  | Asetek A/S                     | 23-Sep-13 | 3.3.0.0
oem35.inf      | mchpcdc.inf             | No    | Ports                | Microchip Technology, Inc.     | 06-Dec-12 | 5.1.2600.7
oem4.inf       | nvstusb.inf             | No    | USB                  | NVIDIA                         | 26-Jul-16 | 6.14.13.6904
oem43.inf      | winusbcompat.inf        | No    | USBDevice            | Microsoft                      | 30-Aug-12 | 1.1.0.0
oem44.inf      | 2407wfp.inf             | No    | Monitor              | Dell Inc.                      | 22-Aug-06 | 1.0.0.0
oem45.inf      | 2007fp.inf              | No    | Monitor              | Dell Inc.                      | 22-Aug-06 | 1.0.0.0
oem46.inf      | patsburgsystem.inf      | No    | System               | INTEL                          | 03-Oct-16 | 10.1.1.38
oem47.inf      | iccwdt.inf              | No    | System               | Intel                          | 13-Mar-16 | 11.0.0.1010
oem48.inf      | patsburgusb.inf         | No    | USB                  | INTEL                          | 03-Oct-16 | 10.1.1.38
oem49.inf      | dymo.inf                | No    | Printer              | DYMO                           | 25-Feb-13 | 8.5.0.542
oem5.inf       | ivytown.inf             | No    | System               | Intel                          | 25-Feb-13 | 9.3.2.1009
oem50.inf      | dymo_lmmls.inf          | No    | Printer              | DYMO                           | 29-Jan-16 | 1.0.0.121
oem51.inf      | hpygid19.inf            | No    | Printer              | HP                             | 16-Dec-15 | 19.73.1.5563
oem52.inf      | hpwia_oj6970.inf        | No    | Image                | HP                             | 16-Dec-15 | 39.2.1960.60061
oem53.inf      | hpreststub.inf          | No    | USB                  | Hewlett-Packard                | 16-Dec-15 | 39.2.1960.60061
oem54.inf      | hpwinusbstub.inf        | No    | USB                  | Hewlett-Packard                | 16-Dec-15 | 39.2.1960.60061
oem55.inf      | nuidfltr.inf            | No    | HIDClass             | Microsoft                      | 08-May-09 | 7.0.258.0
oem56.inf      | ipcdless.inf            | No    | HIDClass             | Microsoft                      | 27-Oct-15 | 9.9.108.0
oem57.inf      | dc3du.inf               | No    | USB                  | Microsoft                      | 06-Nov-15 | 9.9.114.0
oem58.inf      | arduino-org.inf         | No    | Ports                | Arduino Srl (www.arduino.org)  | 19-Mar-15 | 1.1.1.0
oem59.inf      | 1394dbg.inf             | No    | 1394Debug            | Microsoft                      | 21-Jun-06 | 10.0.10240.16384
oem6.inf       | patcore.inf             | No    | System               | Intel                          | 25-Feb-13 | 9.2.3.1030
oem7.inf       | patsmb.inf              | No    | System               | Intel                          | 25-Feb-13 | 9.2.3.1030
oem8.inf       | patusb.inf              | No    | USB                  | Intel                          | 25-Feb-13 | 9.2.3.1030
oem9.inf       | k57nd60a.inf            | No    | Net                  | Broadcom                       | 26-Jul-13 | 15.6.0.10

The operation completed successfully.

D:\>

You should use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to add your PSU to your system specs.

Added my PSU specs

Corsair vs550

Thanks Ray, it didnt work for me but im assuming its nout to do with CL4 so not to worry!

i spoke to corsair tech again, and they have advised me there is no immediate fix until the validation team have come up with one...

he said maybe try a fresh install of the (OS) but i will only do that as a last resort.

Edited by tyl3r99

@red_ray

i might have some useful information, it seems another person has experienced the same issue i have.. ever since a windows update... which ties up with when mine packed up.

as my pc was on over night and it had restarted itself

so i put it down to an update which it turned out it had.

turns out he reformatted twice as the first time he installed other programs (not sure which) and link stopped working again.

so hes wiped it the 2nd time and just installed LINK only.

hes questioning Asus Aurora

Edited by tyl3r99